The Smoakhouse Forums

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The usual...

I find both fanbases equally annoying, and seldom find myself rooting for either team.   That said: I would LOVE to watch a Texas/Texas A&M game every Thanksgiving. 

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Here is my thing about supposedly “swapping” A&M and Ohio State. 

Whether you agree or not Ohio State has been consistently ranked ahead of Texas A&M. 

What happened today that would change that in the eyes of the committee? Nothing, so why would Ohio State be punished into the tougher match up just to keep us from watching a rematch of a blow out?

Consistently ranked higher based on what? Who have they beaten to back up that ranking? 

1 minute ago, trueblue82 said:

Consistently ranked higher based on what? Who have they beaten to back up that ranking? 

Not in my eyes but the committee thinks different. And it's sad at times, but we all know that's all that counts.

Oh, and they wont admit it but they consider revenue in their final four as well. It always comes down to those benjamins.

8 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Doesn’t matter. The committee views them that way. Does not matter what your opinion is. 

They have beat two top 15 teams in the committee’s rankings.

2 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Doesn’t matter. The committee views them that way. Does not matter what your opinion is. 

They have beat two top 15 teams in the committee’s rankings.

Let's look at this from another angle. The committee does not always put the most deserving out there. They sometimes put the best teams out there. So I'll ask. 

If they played tomorrow, who would win. ND or A&M? It may come down to that choice. Not who deserves it more, but who's the better team RIGHT NOW 

9 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Let's look at this from another angle. The committee does not always put the most deserving out there. They sometimes put the best teams out there. So I'll ask. 

If they played tomorrow, who would win. ND or A&M? It may come down to that choice. Not who deserves it more, but who's the better team RIGHT NOW 

I legitimately think it’s a toss up. That’s why the resume stuff is so important between them which in my opinion Notre Dame’s is better. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I legitimately think it’s a toss up. That’s why the resume stuff is so important between them which in my opinion Notre Dame’s is better. 

I can see that. My next argument is who's the hot team. Its no secret losing early helps you. Nobody would say this is the same A&M team that lost to alabama week 2. A&m is the "hotter" team right now. Having your last game being a 24 point loss less than 24 hours before the committee announces is not a good look I don't care who you are. 

In the end I think its a toss up as well. But I think the talking heads are definitely discrediting A&M and overhyping ND. They are much closer than the media would have us think. But the name on the front of the jersey is the difference here. If the two teams had the exact same resume but switched, nobody in America would say A&M had a chance at getting in now. 

Everyone knows if the tables were turned on A&M and ND everyone would be saying A&M had their chance and blew it tonight.

ND had a big game tonight to solidify their spot and choked. Not just a close loss but one that raises eyebrows. ND had a chance to clinch their spot and blew it. IMO the committee should look at it that way. In a toss up between two teams you have to take the hot one. You have to take the one that didnt just get dominated by a fellow playoff team. Even though A&M might have a similar fate if the two played, you can't play the what if just yet. ND and clemson, like I said a couple of weeks ago, just had their playoff audition IMO. The winner was getting in and the loser should be out. Both knew the stakes. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Everyone knows if the tables were turned on A&M and ND everyone would be saying A&M had their chance and blew it tonight.

ND had a big game tonight to solidify their spot and choked. Not just a close loss but one that raises eyebrows. ND had a chance to clinch their spot and blew it. IMO the committee should look at it that way. In a toss up between two teams you have to take the hot one. You have to take the one that didnt just get dominated by a fellow playoff team. Even though A&M might have a similar fate if the two played, you can't play the what if just yet. ND and clemson, like I said a couple of weeks ago, just had their playoff audition IMO. The winner was getting in and the loser should be out. Both knew the stakes. 

Just throwing this out there after a cursory look. It appears that the schedule for ND has been more difficult the last 5 games are so as opposed to A&M’s as ND has played Clemson two times and UNC. A&M’s tough game in that span was Auburn who just fired their coach. Aside from ND losing their last game against a highly ranked team does that automatically make A&M the hotter team?

Just now, JohnnyFootball said:

Don't get mad. I just agreed with you. 

Also, haven't you "left" this thread like 3x now? 😂

Actually I have been reading it time to time. My 18 year old come down with COVID and we had a grand baby.

Just haven't been able to post much until lately.

5 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

And how much is your's worth there JF?

N/M. About the same as Lion's.

We can all agree bout the same. From what I gather Johnny ( the poster) is somewhat a legit insider or is actually close to the team so I at least give him a dollar worth . 

• Haha 1

This is my case for A&M:  Ohio St looked like crap against a barely above avg team and Notre Dame just got their ### kicked.  

My case for Notre Dame:  we beat the only team that beat us and we played in the toughest conference in football this year.  

yes, you heard that right, I just crowned the ACC the toughest conference in college football...

27 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

This is my case for A&M:  Ohio St looked like #### against a barely above avg team and Notre Dame just got their ### kicked.  

My case for Notre Dame:  we beat the only team that beat us and we played in the toughest conference in football this year.  

yes, you heard that right, I just crowned the ACC the toughest conference in college football...

Do you believe if the tables were flipped it would be the same? I truly believe if this were flipped everyone would be saying A&M had their chance to clinch their spot and blew it and would put ND in. 

I dont expect the committee to put A&M in, but I do hope we get a good explanation. I believe ND had its chance to validate its question marks yesterday and failed. 

38 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Do you believe if the tables were flipped it would be the same? I truly believe if this were flipped everyone would be saying A&M had their chance to clinch their spot and blew it and would put ND in. 

I dont expect the committee to put A&M in, but I do hope we get a good explanation. I believe ND had its chance to validate its question marks yesterday and failed. 

A&M has those same question marks with a worse resume though. That’s the thing.

2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

A&M has those same question marks with a worse resume though. That’s the thing.

No they do not. ND had questions, and got a second chance to validate themselves. The only way that a comparable is if A&M got a chance to replay bama or florida. 

Just now, Valhalla said:

Seems like it’s going to be the Orange bowl for A&M.

Which one did you guys want Orange or Cotton?

I could care less honestly. OU or UNC? I want to play OU because I want to shut herbie up. I want to play UNC and show that essentially that deciding win for ND wasn't that impressive.