🔴 Sooners 2020 thread

Mr. P

2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

I think he was better from 2015-2017. It has gotten worse since Baker left.

Yeah, and he keeps out-smarting himself. Too much genius, not enough common sense. 3rd and short in the red zone? Run the damn ball. Enough of this gimmicky playground bullspit. Put your damn QB under center, and run the damn ball. 

36 minutes ago, LOL said:

Yeah, and he keeps out-smarting himself. Too much genius, not enough common sense. 3rd and short in the red zone? Run the damn ball. Enough of this gimmicky playground bullspit. Put your damn QB under center, and run the damn ball. 

I was shocked at how poorly he used the run game vs LSU.  He made 0 effort to limit LSU’s touches on offense, which ultimately led to being a blowout.  15 touches for a RB is sad...  I think Hurts ran it like 14 times for 20ish yards.  It was tough to watch, even as an LSU fan.  It was frustrating watching OU struggle as much as they did.

18 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I was shocked at how poorly he used the run game vs LSU.  He made 0 effort to limit LSU’s touches on offense, which ultimately led to being a blowout.  15 touches for a RB is sad...  I think Hurts ran it like 14 times for 20ish yards.  It was tough to watch, even as an LSU fan.  It was frustrating watching OU struggle as much as they did.

Yeah, only the most myopic of Sooner fans thought we had a chance going in, but you're right, we could've at least kept LSU off the field for a few more minutes. 

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Rumor going around that Jadon Hazelwood tore his ACL today. 

He was projected to be the #1 receiver for Oklahoma this next season. It’s a big loss for Oklahoma which was already thin at WR going into next season.

yep, if he had surgery today he still wouldn't be ready until December.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Valhalla said:

It would seem we now that there is a commitment to Oklahoma coming from 5 star QB Caleb Williams anytime now. 

His top 3 today were Oklahoma, LSU, and Maryland. 

What's the punchline on Williams? I know he's a five-star and all (which is great) but what's your initial recruiting assessment of him? 

On 5/5/2020 at 7:42 AM, LOL said:

What's the punchline on Williams? I know he's a five-star and all (which is great) but what's your initial recruiting assessment of him? 

I have not really watched much of his stuff myself. These are the two 247 evaluations on him.

Both evaluators have his comp player as Russell Wilson.

09/21/2018
Good but not elite size. Carries 209 pounds look like 190. Dynamic athlete who can devastate defenses with his arm or legs. Great competitor with high intangibles. Natural leader and makes big plays. Strong, accurate arm. Tight release. Can throw 15-yard out, has touch on intermediate throws and throws pretty deep ball. Gets through progressions. Can throw ball 70 yards. Moves well in pocket. Plays poised and relaxed in stressful situations. Has elusiveness in open field. Needs more experience and improve accuracy when throwing on move. Elite quarterback who can play early for top-level team. First round NFL draft potential.

03/31/2020
Has a developed, thick build. Tested as a top athlete prior to his junior season with strong marks across the board, including a sub 4.6 second time in the 40-yard dash. Pairs that athleticism with one of the stronger arms in the 2021 cycle. Is highly creative with the ability to make difficult individual plays in off-script situations. Has unique arm dexterity and can deliver strikes from multiple platforms. Just as comfortable throwing on the move as in the pocket and does not need to set his feet to deliver a well thrown ball. Extremely tough for defenders to corral both in the pocket and the open field. Runs with a natural body lean and slips out of tackles at a high rate. Has the ability to pull away from defenders once in the open field. Offers scheme versatility with experience playing under center but the skill set to be a potent playmaker in an uptempo, spread offense. Battle-tested against tough competition. Is the most talented quarterback prospect to come from the Mid-Atlantic region in a decade. Lacks the raw production and efficiency typical of most top ten type quarterbacks to this point. Projects as a multi-year impact starter at the Power Five level with the upside to first round if not top ten pick in the NFL Draft.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

The 4th seems to be shaping into a big day for Oklahoma in the 2021 recruiting class.

Please tell me that doesn’t involve a certain lineman from Katy Taylor?

• Mr. P locked this topic