🔴 Sooners 2020 thread

Mr. P

2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Not yet at least lol.

I will still be surprised if Foster is anything but an Aggie.

Perroni on 247 giving us the hard sell he’ll be a Sooner. Who knows with this wacky recruiting season.

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Perroni on 247 giving us the hard sell he’ll be a Sooner. Who knows with this wacky recruiting season.

The Oklahoma side has been saying the same thing since March as well. 

I just won’t believe it until after signing day.

Just like I believe Kendall Daniels will be a Sooner in the end too.

11 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Foster's Texags posting mom isn't going to let him go to Texas.  She'd be banned and ridiculed by Billy Liucci.  

I could see a legacy Aggie being able to talk themselves into Oklahoma. I don’t think Texas ever really had a shot for Foster.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

The state fair was cancelled today. 

I wonder if this is the beginning of the end of the RRR being played in the Cotton Bowl.

Starting to think more and more we'll have a Spring season now.  Maybe Fall could take the place of this past years missed Spring ball??

18 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

From my understanding Oklahoma has one spot available for either Burris or Gilliam (https://247sports.com/player/kelvin-gilliam-46076864/)

For what is is worth, I believe they are both 100% CBed to Oklahoma at this point. 

It is first come, first serve at this point. 

Seen some stuff from Perroni that things might be opening up with his commitment. Not sure how our DT class will shake out. We got Vaka. Seem to be in on Malone, Regis and Robbins. I guess have to see how the numbers shake out.

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

Seen some stuff from Perroni that things might be opening up with his commitment. Not sure how our DT class will shake out. We got Vaka. Seem to be in on Malone, Regis and Robbins. I guess have to see how the numbers shake out.

Oklahoma also has the #1 JC DT committed who will now it seems will have three years of eligibility due to the JC season being moved to Spring. 

Plus you have to factor in the injury to Burris.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Valhalla said:

I wonder much sending these kids home in the Spring is going to cause more injuries like this.

This happens during the first week of football every year.  Studies show that lack of instructional activity (teaching your body to move the way you move) consistently correlates with early non-contact injuries. 

Think of baseball.  You don't see a lot of ACL injuries in younger kids or torn __________.  You see a lot of overuse injuries in baseball.  Muscle fatigue, UCL ruptures (Tommy John), tendinitis...  all of these are overuse injuries. 

• Thanks 1

• Mr. P locked this topic