🔴 Sooners 2020 thread

Mr. P

13 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I saw that QB out of Midway got hurt too but no surgery required. 

Yeah, it's certainly going to put a damper on Riley's fictional "no clear-cut starting QB" narrative that he likes to put out there during the off-season.

But I do feel bad for Mordecai. The kid's been working hard. 

• 2 weeks later...

NCAA rule on medical retirees states: 

Medically retired athletes do not count towards their former program's total scholarship limit. Medical retirement also cannot be undone – if the athlete makes an unexpected recovery, they cannot regain NCAA eligibility.

15 hours ago, ComradeStoney said:

Wish the kid luck but I think he made the right decision to retire.

Same here...  I love his tenacity, but sometimes ya gotta just move on. If I'm in his shoes I finish up my time at Oklahoma as a GA studying under one of the most innovative minds in college football. Dang, talk about a resume builder. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Valhalla said:

NCAA rule on medical retirees states: 

Medically retired athletes do not count towards their former program's total scholarship limit. Medical retirement also cannot be undone – if the athlete makes an unexpected recovery, they cannot regain NCAA eligibility.

So I wonder how that works in his situation? I just assumed he medically retired last year. According to this, he couldn’t be in the portal if he had. 

59 minutes ago, ComradeStoney said:

So I wonder how that works in his situation? I just assumed he medically retired last year. According to this, he couldn’t be in the portal if he had. 

I don’t think you can play for the same school. Which would explain why he would be in the portal.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

LT was a definitely the weakness of the O-Line group last season. They must really think highly of the freshman to start him there.

Better protect the blind side of our golden boy. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mr. P locked this topic