🔴 Sooners 2020 thread

Mr. P

21 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I haven’t seen OU lose two in a row in a LONG time. Next week could be 3 if they don’t fix something... 

1999 was the last time. 

The offense just isn’t good enough to overcome the defense and pull games out of their ### right now. 

I’ve been saying since July that this season would just be a giant cluster.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2020 at 10:53 PM, Valhalla said:

The offense just isn’t good enough to overcome the defense and pull games out of their ### right now. 

This.

I tried to watch this game, but turned it off in the first quarter. Yeah, we were leading at that point but I could see the clouds gathering. 

This team is soft and entitled. Too many "stars" and not enough killers. Still too many Mike Stoops recruits on the roster, including that midget Radley-Hiles.  

Lincoln is coaching scared, trying to "out-genius" the defense instead of playing smart football. 

On 10/3/2020 at 10:53 PM, Valhalla said:

I’ve been saying since July that this season would just be a giant cluster.

Yep, and the wheels are about to come off.

If there was ever a year for UT to avenge those 50-point beatdowns of the early 2000s, it's this season.

Red River Shootout is gonna be ugly. Glad I'll be camping that weekend. 

24 minutes ago, LOL said:

Yep, and the wheels are about to come off.

If there was ever a year for UT to avenge those 50-point beatdowns of the early 2000s, it's this season.

Red River Shootout is gonna be ugly. Glad I'll be camping that weekend. 

You shouldn't have to worry about Texas.  I saw a few Texas fans today on Twitter about still not being able to avenge the LSU loss...

• LOL! 1

Just now, MavGrad99 said:

You shouldn't have to worry about Texas.  I saw a few Texas fans today on Twitter about still not being able to avenge the LSU loss...

UT will score at least 40 on OU...  but I doubt OU will be able to score more than 20 on UT. 

I'm calling blowout.

Gonna be two limp-wristed programs slapping each other with their purses. 

4 hours ago, LOL said:

UT will score at least 40 on OU...  but I doubt OU will be able to score more than 20 on UT. 

I'm calling blowout.

Gonna be two limp-wristed programs slapping each other with their purses. 

It's not a matter of whether Texas can put up 50 points or not, it's more so whether or not their defense can prevent the other team from putting up 51. In this case, I wouldn't be surprised if OU does that very thing.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

It's not a matter of whether Texas can put up 50 points or not, it's more so whether or not their defense can prevent the other team from putting up 51. In this case, I wouldn't be surprised if OU does that very thing.

This ain't the usual Lincoln Riley pinball machine offense. The o-line is soft, the RBs are green, WR depth is for s###, and QB is a wet-behind-the-ears rookie.

UT gonna paddle 'em. Real hard. 

• Like 1

I am not used to seeing this much negativity on both sides.  Usually there is reason for some optimism... 

How often have we seen OU fans complain about their offense?  It's been a while.

Just less than 2 weeks ago Texas fans were playing the bongos on their balls of steel saying "We want LSU!" after barely squeaking out a win over TTU.  After the loss to TCU, its painful... 

Since I am free of my "weekly preview" this year, I am here to give you some optimism... (probably not)...

1) Spencer Rattler has pretty good stats... The problem is that he sucks when he is asked to do too much.  That is part of breaking in the new QB.  From the parts of the 2 games I have watched, I believe the Running game should be emphasized.  Not on 2nd and 10, but on 1st and 10...  The OL has looked really good in the run game... and with this Rattled QB, the run game may be exactly what he needs.

2) Your defense doesn't look terrible.  It may actually be better than the offense.  Some of the secondary is outmatched by the players they match up against, but with scheme OU seems to be doing better with that.

3) Sure, you are 1-2... against teams that probably shouldn't have a chance...  but... the teams leading the conference right now shouldn't be that good.  We could still very easily see the RRR happening again if things fall into place.  

4) The bad news... Lincoln Riley will probably throw the ball even more... which is probably not a horrible idea against Texas... however, I think it leads to a complete disaster if the game is tight.  

• LOL! 1

41 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Say what you will , getting to the dance is better than not at all. 

Bingo. 

The 2015 and 2017 teams deserved to be there. 

The 2018 team had the best resume of the choices for #4.

The 2019 made it because someone had to be #4 in a season where there was really only three deserving teams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

The 2018 team had the best resume of the choices for #4.

The 2019 made it because someone had to be #4 in a season where there was really only three deserving teams.

As much as I absolutely loathe the fact that OU keeps getting blown out in the Playoffs, I gotta say I'd rather get there and lose than never even be in the conversation. 

21 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I can’t imagine Oklahoma losing three straight . Then again Texas doesn’t usually lose back to back. Baylor gonna win the conference by default. I will  take Oklahoma sat. 

I'm actually thinking Kansas State may be the team that may be too tough for everyone now...sad thing is they played that clunker game to start the season and they could possibly run the table crazily in the Big 12. 

Oklahoma State maybe if Sanders gets back and is healthy.

12 minutes ago, 88YoePride said:

I was actually making a wisecrack reference to Riley giving Rattler the job over Mordecai and everyone fawning over Rattler like fanboys, and now everyone's cooling on him and saying he needs work.

Rattler has been fine. He actually played pretty well against Iowa State. 

This the worst that Oklahoma’s O-line has looked since Bedenbaugh started in 2013. Throw in also missing your best two RBs and best two receivers. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 88YoePride said:

I was actually making a wisecrack reference to Riley giving Rattler the job over Mordecai and everyone fawning over Rattler like fanboys, and now everyone's cooling on him and saying he needs work.

Of course he "needs work," he's a redshirt freshman. 

But I don't think anyone's ready to throw the baby out with the bathwater. As inconsistent as he's been thus far, he's still better than Mordecai. 

21 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

This the worst that Oklahoma’s O-line has looked since Bedenbaugh started in 2013. 

Yeah, the line is easily the primary disappointment of this season. I anticipated a learning curve, but it's the relative lack of physicality that has me frustrated. It's one thing for a young lineman to be out of position. But getting pushed around and manhandled by inferior opponents is something else altogether. 

2 hours ago, LOL said:

Of course he "needs work," he's a redshirt freshman. 

But I don't think anyone's ready to throw the baby out with the bathwater. As inconsistent as he's been thus far, he's still better than Mordecai. 

Yeah, the line is easily the primary disappointment of this season. I anticipated a learning curve, but it's the relative lack of physicality that has me frustrated. It's one thing for a young lineman to be out of position. But getting pushed around and manhandled by inferior opponents is something else altogether. 

The line isn’t young. That is the most disappointing thing. Most of them have played a lot of snaps.

• Sad 1

One thing that you have to keep in mind when talking about the O-line is that position group was decimated by COVID junk in August. Oklahoma only had 6 offensive linemen for the Missouri State game. 

I think they are still recovering from that honestly.

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic