Matt Stepp saying East a Texas Job is bout to open!

footballjunky

6 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

IMO, hire needs to be outside the circle. Something fresh. 

Gilmer changing anything would be a surprise. Gilmer prides in tradition and I would be shocked if they hired anyone without Gilmer ties or inside hire. Someone who can have that swagger and charisma of Jeff, but still run the same system is what I expect 

38 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

Interesting. Do they hire within and keep the same system intact, or hire new blood and change things up? Personally, I think they need to hire someone who coaches with intensity, fire and a cut throat mentality! They haven’t had that since Jeff left. 

This is exactly what I think we need.  I'm not sure if the board will spend the money to bring a big name, proven head coach, though.  My inclination is to say they won't, which is sad.  We need somebody who will hold the coaches and the players accountable for lack of preparation and performance, and instill the discipline we have sorely missed the last 3 or so years.  I'm not sure if we have somebody on the staff now that has that ability or not.  If they hire within, which I kinda hope they don't, it'll likely be Alan Metzel.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MFFL2011 said:

If they hire within would it be Alan Metzel?

that's exactly what I would say...as far as THE ONLY internal candidate...but I'd rather see them go outside for possibly a bigger name with fire. Now Drennan or the T-High coach might be quite interested. Art Briles comes to mind with the faith & forgiveness GHS has. 

11 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

By the way, I felt like I already knew who Matt was talking about, but I wasn't going to put it out there until it was official.

I wonder if any big names out there are interested?

if its truly open many big names will have interest

20 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Could be. Stepp acted like the name they were hiring is suprising 

The more surprising is who they passed on...

Fiacco has the ability to do well. Not much raw talent to work with, but he is a S&C guy. Definition of a player development type coach. If he can get players to buy in, and gets some time, I think he could be the kind of guy that could make a school like that competitive. Cleveland's big problem is their rapid growth. Very likely a 6A the next alignment...

38 minutes ago, topher805 said:

The more surprising is who they passed on...

Fiacco has the ability to do well. Not much raw talent to work with, but he is a S&C guy. Definition of a player development type coach. If he can get players to buy in, and gets some time, I think he could be the kind of guy that could make a school like that competitive. Cleveland's big problem is their rapid growth. Very likely a 6A the next alignment...

Crazy to me how fast they have grown