Rusk

bignasty

1 hour ago, DoorMat said:

I guess kids don't need discipline. Kids don't need to work hard and show up on time. Kids don't need to be responsible. Hancock is a class act and one heck of a coach. Rusk is losing a one heck of a man!!! 

That’s the beauty of opinions. 

1 hour ago, YoungBuckCoach said:

When a HC "steps down" is that code for being let go but sounds better if you do it yourself?  Rusk has a new Supt right?  If so, not uncommon for them to bring in their own dude for AD/HC...

It's code for "I could retire if I want but if a good gig comes along I might take that"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DoorMat said:

Your Welcome YoungBuck!!

My name is YoungBuck for a reason...😂😂 Seems these days you never really know why a coach leaves unless they have another job already.  Just curious what the situation was there.  I hope Coach Hancock enjoys retirement...unless a better opportunity presents itsself!

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb
2 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Didn’t Rusk have low numbers last season? Think I remember reading about that on here. 

Believe so, there wasn't many playing when we played them 2 years ago. Think they were having problems getting kids wanting to play, I could be wrong. Seems like they were doing better this past year. 

Must be some rumors regarding frontrunners for this job?   I'm assuming that the district would like to make a hire fairly early this spring, so their new man has time to get his staff together.  I wish Rusk ISD the best of luck during this process.   Change is always difficult.   Rusk has great facilities and leadership.  Should have many applicants.   Wonder if they'll use an outside search committee firm.