Gilmer AD/Head Football Coach

dillonpanthers

1 hour ago, dillonpanthers said:

Lol. I assumed that was him but couldnt remember his name. Got to wonder why he is willing to miss a whole season 

Not sure why some Parents move their kids around. It seems to happen more over the last 10-15 years. In this case with his Talent it would seem the Colleges would come calling whichever Program he was in. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Not sure why some Parents move their kids around. It seems to happen more over the last 10-15 years. In this case with his Talent it would seem the Colleges would come calling whichever Program he was in. 

I agree. I can see the draw to want to be at a successful school with a history. But in that case, the decision should have been made in junior high/9th grade. At this point they are now sacrificing a year of eligibility.

40 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Y’all complain about parents moving kids but nobody says anything about coaches just moving around 

But when it comes down to it, this is the rule the UIL set. So whether anyone thinks it's fair or not, parents have to know the gamble they are taking with their kid's eligibility and take it into account 

19 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

But when it comes down to it, this is the rule the UIL set. So whether anyone thinks it's fair or not, parents have to know the gamble they are taking with their kid's eligibility and take it into account 

Just because someone move people assume it’s for athletic reasons and coaches always say it’s about the kids but they are quick to get mad and check for athletic reasons. I know a guy that lost his job and found a new one and was forced to move and he had to go to the uil to prove it because the coach was mad, that’s all I’m saying 

29 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Just because someone move people assume it’s for athletic reasons and coaches always say it’s about the kids but they are quick to get mad and check for athletic reasons. I know a guy that lost his job and found a new one and was forced to move and he had to go to the uil to prove it because the coach was mad, that’s all I’m saying 

There are always circumstances that are not for athletic reasons. So I imagine if that is the case the Gilmer coaches will appeal it to the district committee and UIL if they feel strongly he moved for the right reasons 

3 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Not many high school kids get paid to win games and have wives/husbands and children. 

But their parents do, not saying that some just move to put their kids in a better position. I don’t know all the details behind the move but I’m not gonna judge anyone until it’s proven that it was for athletic reason 

1 hour ago, Sportsguru02 said:

But their parents do, not saying that some just move to put their kids in a better position. I don’t know all the details behind the move but I’m not gonna judge anyone until it’s proven that it was for athletic reason 

If he sits out a year it doesn't matter what the reason is/was.

2 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

He’s not living in his uncle’s travel trailer is he? Lol

• LOL! 2

2 hours ago, mightyeagle said:

Gilmer shouldn't even bring up the subject transfers,How many senior transfers lived there in the traylor era.just saying

How many lived in tatum just saying don’t act like y’all didn’t have a lot of transfers from Longview, Marshall and so on. Heck every winning program has them look at Pg now it’s not like they are going out and talk to the kids 

How many lived in tatum just saying don’t act like y’all didn’t have a lot of transfers from Longview, Marshall and so on. Heck every winning program has them look at Pg now it’s not like they are going out and talk to the kids 

Seniors was the key word for him I believe. I could count the times on one hand that a impact player went to Tatum just for his sr year..... and that’s going back as far as I can remember. 

42 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Seniors was the key word for him I believe. I could count the times on one hand that a impact player went to Tatum just for his sr year..... and that’s going back as far as I can remember. 

Ok name them that came to Gilmer for their Sr  besides kinne and lynch. All y’all like to do is bring up the past, it’s crazy how u can win for 20 yrs and people like to bring up a couple of kids that move in man I always heard envy is a hell of a drug.

2 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Hey Tatum returns those Longview kids about once every two years during October at least.

DE8C11CC-EF6A-4911-B5B5-01577CAC5C39.jpeg

Ok name them that came to Gilmer for their Sr  besides kinne and lynch. All y’all like to do is bring up the past, it’s crazy how u can win for 20 yrs and people like to bring up a couple of kids that move in man I always heard envy is a hell of a drug.

My reply didn’t mention gilmer any. 

• Stinks 1

12 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

My reply didn’t mention gilmer any. 

You didn’t but ur mightyeagle did but it’s crazy that a coach would say I would of signed off if they would of moved anywhere besides the district don’t that leave u scratching ur head. Why sign it to go anywhere if u think it’s for athletic purposes 

9 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

You didn’t but ur mightyeagle did but it’s crazy that a coach would say I would of signed off if they would of moved anywhere besides the district don’t that leave u scratching ur head. Why sign it to go anywhere if u think it’s for athletic purposes 

The quote him. 

Kinda like college and kids transferring in same conference. It gets shot down often. 

• Stinks 1

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

The quote him. 

Kinda like college and kids transferring in same conference. It gets shot down often. 

But this ain’t college and the same rules don’t apply, if a kid is transferring for athletic purposes idc where they go they shouldn’t be allowed to play period and that’s according to the UIL

2 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

But this ain’t college and the same rules don’t apply, if a kid is transferring for athletic purposes idc where they go they shouldn’t be allowed to play period and that’s according to the UIL

Lol. That’s rich coming from you. 

• Stinks 1

• Mr. P locked this topic