Early Mock Draft

Grant Delpit at 17 to Dallas would be a nice player falling, position of need pick. Kid had a down year in 2019 more because of injury than talent. Kid can walk down down and play as a 4th linebacker in the box, rush off the edge or hang back in coverage. Dallas hasn’t had a safety like that in years.

Kristian Fulton is another Tiger that could be there at 17. Dallas could be in the market for a corner or a two and Fulton could probably walk in and take Awuzie’s starting spot. A good man coverage corner with some off field issues that could cause some concerns. 

With some rumblings that McCarthy may switch Dallas from a 4-3 to a 3-4 defense could mean some huge moves coming to the d-line and linebacker crew. Dallas would really have to invest in getting the guys up front to be able to make that swap possible. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 88YoePride said:

Just wondering if everyone is really convinced Joe Burrow is the real deal? I mean, is he really going to be worth the #1 pick in the draft? Or what is the possibility he's just the next David Carr (Who was the next Ryan Leaf, who was the next... You get it)?

He's the real deal. 

Ryan Leaf was a big athletic guy who could throw the ball 80+ yards and looked great against mediocre Pac 12 competition. 

David Carr was the same, except against the WAC. 

Joe Burrow is basically a QB that you'd create on Madden with all 99s. I keep trying to find a weakness is his game. It ain't there. 

He's the real deal. 

45 minutes ago, AKA said:

He's the real deal. 

Ryan Leaf was a big athletic guy who could throw the ball 80+ yards and looked great against mediocre Pac 12 competition. 

Joe Burrow is basically a QB that you'd create on Madden with all 99s. I keep trying to find a weakness is his game. It ain't there. 

He's the real deal. 

The only question I have about Burrow is if Cincinnati can keep him upright. If he’s getting sacked 40+ plus times a year he’ll be washed up before his second contract comes around. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stoney said:

The only question I have about Burrow is if Cincinnati can keep him upright. If he’s getting sacked 40+ plus times a year he’ll be washed up before his second contract comes around. 

Very true. Clemson was able to rattle Burrow initially, which illustrates that no QB is effective when running for his life. 

No matter how great you are. 

pyWyjsG.gif

36 minutes ago, AKA said:

He's the real deal. 

He's the real deal. 

I agree. His junior season was really good, not outstanding. But this year he just killed it. Makes you wonder how he got beat out in Columbus by Haskins. 

Doesn't change how bad the situation in Cincinnati is, though. I won't be shocked at all if he pulls an Eli and forces a trade... 

35 minutes ago, Stoney said:

That's what I'm sayin'. Is he good enough to survive five years in Cincy to be effective somewhere else afterwards?