Gunshots at SOC vs Kimball game...

Eagleborn

42 minutes ago, centex1 said:

What’s more unbelievable is how the people filming the game are so used to it that they are just sitting there talking and not running

It is unbelievable to people like us, but it is routine to the kids who live in that school district.  At this point it is sad, but no longer shocking.   

On 1/12/2020 at 12:47 PM, Eagleborn said:

Kid that was shot died this morning .... 

As of this morning, the 18 yr old is still in critical condition.

Also, I live in Carrollton, My wife works at a DISD middle school. she tells me stories of how kids act up and being disrespectful. but she says she care because most of her kids are good kids and want to go to college and better themselves. This will probably be her last yr there. It's very hard to get good quality teachers and coaches in that district. A lot of parents are moving  their kids to the burbs.

Another thing, this not a normal thing that happens at DISD events. So, no the kids are not use to this happening. there have been more shooting at church or grocery store than at a DISD or FWISD event.

1 hour ago, wildcatphs said:

Also, I live in Carrollton, My wife works at a DISD middle school. she tells me stories of how kids act up and being disrespectful. but she says she care because most of her kids are good kids and want to go to college and better themselves. This will probably be her last yr there. It's very hard to get good quality teachers and coaches in that district. A lot of parents are moving  their kids to the burbs.

Another thing, this not a normal thing that happens at DISD events. So, no the kids are not use to this happening. there have been more shooting at church or grocery store than at a DISD or FWISD event.

That’s good news if i was wrong. Saw it on social media so I just assumed. 

19 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

I live on the Border border of Dallas and Mesquite, and I hear gun shots coming Mesquite then I do in the part of Dallas I am in. 

The people in Mesquite shooting at squirrels. That ain't the same Dawg!!!

16 hours ago, wildcatphs said:

What school does she work at? This is not as normal as you think it is to these kids.maybe in South Dallas. I coach in that district and this is very surprising. I'm praying I didn't teach the shooter when I thought middle School.

On 1/13/2020 at 4:59 PM, cujoforlife said:

I live on the Border border of Dallas and Mesquite, and I hear gun shots coming Mesquite then I do in the part of Dallas I am in. 

Yeah, 6 days ago I was talking to a guy who went to N. Mesq. and today lives over near Bryan Adams and hears shots all the time. Scary world.

But, honestly, even in the '70s and '80s (when Plano was a powerhouse) my Dad didn't want to go to Dallas to play the Dallas schools because of concern over being shot or robbed or whatever...