The Smoakhouse Forums
Eagleborn

Gunshots at SOC vs Kimball game...

What’s more unbelievable is how the people filming the game are so used to it that they are just sitting there talking and not running

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, centex1 said:

What’s more unbelievable is how the people filming the game are so used to it that they are just sitting there talking and not running

It is unbelievable to people like us, but it is routine to the kids who live in that school district.  At this point it is sad, but no longer shocking.   

Kid that was shot died this morning .... per social media report that has seen been removed. 

• Sad 2

Wow, that's crazy. smh

6 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Kid that was shot died this morning .... 

Hate to hear this. 

Prayers for the family🙏

Terrible news all the way around. Honestly not surprised about a shooting in Dallas but at a high school basketball game? ###, that person is a pos. Obviously I dont know all the details but you cant tell me that kid did anything to warrant getting shot and killed. So many lives altered. I hope the shooter gets found and justice served quickly. Put 'em in the express line. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

It is unbelievable to people like us, but it is routine to the kids who live in that school district.  At this point it is sad, but no longer shocking.   

A lot of things are shocking to those who don’t embrace the thug life 

Shame kids have to grow up like that.  Like another poster pointed out it’s crazy some are so used to it they video the event instead of bolting for the exit. 

On 1/12/2020 at 12:47 PM, Eagleborn said:

Kid that was shot died this morning .... 

As of this morning, the 18 yr old is still in critical condition.

Also, I live in Carrollton, My wife works at a DISD middle school. she tells me stories of how kids act up and being disrespectful. but she says she care because most of her kids are good kids and want to go to college and better themselves. This will probably be her last yr there. It's very hard to get good quality teachers and coaches in that district. A lot of parents are moving  their kids to the burbs.

Another thing, this not a normal thing that happens at DISD events. So, no the kids are not use to this happening. there have been more shooting at church or grocery store than at a DISD or FWISD event.

1 hour ago, wildcatphs said:

Also, I live in Carrollton, My wife works at a DISD middle school. she tells me stories of how kids act up and being disrespectful. but she says she care because most of her kids are good kids and want to go to college and better themselves. This will probably be her last yr there. It's very hard to get good quality teachers and coaches in that district. A lot of parents are moving  their kids to the burbs.

Another thing, this not a normal thing that happens at DISD events. So, no the kids are not use to this happening. there have been more shooting at church or grocery store than at a DISD or FWISD event.

That’s good news if i was wrong. Saw it on social media so I just assumed. 

52 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

That’s good news if i was wrong. Saw it on social media so I just assumed. 

yea, still fighting. Just hope the young man pulls through.

I live on the Border border of Dallas and Mesquite, and I hear gun shots coming Mesquite then I do in the part of Dallas I am in. 

19 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

I live on the Border border of Dallas and Mesquite, and I hear gun shots coming Mesquite then I do in the part of Dallas I am in. 

The people in Mesquite shooting at squirrels. That ain't the same Dawg!!!

1 hour ago, Quick said:

The people in Mequite shooting at squirrels. That ain't the same Dawg!!!

No bro i don’t live in the courty. This is off of 635. Where Mesquite is hood.

16 hours ago, wildcatphs said:

What school does she work at? This is not as normal as you think it is to these kids.maybe in South Dallas. I coach in that district and this is very surprising. I'm praying I didn't teach the shooter when I thought middle School.

1 hour ago, randomuser said:

Yeah Mesquite is hood as any of South Dallas.

not even close. 

• Thanks 1