Where Could He Go?

88YoePride

6 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

He’ll go to Oklahoma, everyone does. OU should just quit recruiting quarterbacks and shop the portal every year, ha!

Nope. He's not a good fit for us, and we're happy with the QBs we've already got. 

1 hour ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

I'd say Arkansas or Mississippi State would be great prospective landing spots...

Not bad choices.  He needs to go to a school with a system that allows him to run.

the weirdest thing is that I was sure that those 2 guys redshirted to come back with force to Houston next year.  I guess after sitting the bench for 3 months it changes things

7 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

I am sure he can convert to QB worked for Kentucky lol. Having the Quarterback whisper has its advantages.

Please...  for the love of God...  please stop talking. 

• Thanks 3
  • LOL! 1

6 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Little Briles is at Arkansas now and that's when King shined was under him at UH, so Arkansas wouldn't be surprising IMO.

That is a good point . Arkansas needs a Win for a change. QB usually goes where he is most comfortable (system and/or Coach) then again Leech has an reputation of turning out good qb. Oklahoma has the qb whisper but Arkansas is the best fit.

28 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

That is a good point . Arkansas needs a Win for a change. QB usually goes where he is most comfortable (system and/or Coach) then again Leech has an reputation of turning out good qb. Oklahoma has the qb whisper but Arkansas is the best fit.

He quit on his team.  I wouldn’t take him

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

You can say that for a lot of guys other than graduate transfers. 

He played 4 games, it went south, he quit in his team.  His coach had to scramble to get his backup ready to go after King rec’d the bulk of the reps in practice.  That’s quitting

• Thumbs Down 1

5 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Not bad choices.  He needs to go to a school with a system that allows him to run.

the weirdest thing is that I was sure that those 2 guys redshirted to come back with force to Houston next year.  I guess after sitting the bench for 3 months it changes things

Read the article. 

I'm curious if he's going to a non-top 20 program because he insists on playing QB. He played, what, two other positions prior to 2018? A top 20 that doesn't need a QB might offer him a spot at WR. Let's be honest - Is he really good enough to be NFL QB material? Look at Greg Ward...

21 minutes ago, 88YoePride said:

Read the article. 

I'm curious if he's going to a non-top 20 program because he insists on playing QB. He played, what, two other positions prior to 2018? A top 20 that doesn't need a QB might offer him a spot at WR. Let's be honest - Is he really good enough to be NFL QB material? Look at Greg Ward...

I agree.  I think he should go somewhere and play WR

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Per Mark Berman just an hour ago:

D’Eriq King (@DeriqKing_), who is transferring from @UHCougarFB, says he has yet to make a final decision on where he’s going: “I haven’t committed to anybody yet. I’m still looking at my options. I visited Miami. I liked it, but there are other options I’m still trying see to..” https://t.co/E4kz2xypWR

• Thanks 1