Eustace is open

dillonpanthers

Eustace is open per Matt Stepp. Steve Smith is out after 2 seasons and a record of 6-16. Stepp also noted that it looks like Eustace will be splitting the AD and Head Football positions.  Odd for a school that size. 

I cant remember all of the particulars, but I seem to remember that Coach Ragle that was there prior to Smith got a raw deal when he left. 

1 hour ago, dillonpanthers said:

Eustace is open per Matt Stepp. Steve Smith is out after 2 seasons and a record of 6-16. Stepp also noted that it looks like Eustace will be splitting the AD and Head Football positions.  Odd for a school that size. 

I cant remember all of the particulars, but I seem to remember that Coach Ragle that was there prior to Smith got a raw deal when he left. 

Guess they decided to go the way Lone Oak did...it worked so well for them this year. (please note the sarcasm)

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, supermaroon said:

Commerce is another one that comes to mind. Really limiting the quality of the candidates that will apply.

Eustace is not that desirable of a job in my opinion. Maybe every decade there's a good team that comes for a year maybe 2 at the most. 

4 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Dont agree with it but maybe that is why they are separating the AD and head coach? If they know a head football  coach isnt going to stick around long maybe they think they'll have more luck getting a basketball coach or something to stay around if they give him more money..

They want someone they can control and do it the way they have always done it (which is lose) and then blame the coach for losing and this nothing intrupts thier way of life 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tiger03lb

Haven't heard anything as of yet. But your probably right. I'd think more people would be interested in the AD position if they were to split up the rolls. 

On 1/15/2020 at 10:58 AM, centex1 said:

I heard that Daniel Swaim and Kerry Strong are carpooling to this one. One will be as the Ad other head coach. I think they are just gonna flip a coin to decide who is one and the other. 

I bets Kerry sTrong woodnt tough this with a cane pole.

On 1/14/2020 at 6:14 PM, dillonpanthers said:

Dont agree with it but maybe that is why they are separating the AD and head coach? If they know a head football  coach isnt going to stick around long maybe they think they'll have more luck getting a basketball coach or something to stay around if they give him more money..

I get that argument but it also sends the message that they don't care about actually being good at football, like they are giving up. They are going to get a poor candidate that is desperate for a head job. Maybe they do get a a good coach that has a couple good years. Is he going to stick around or use it to get an AD job? Now Eustace is back in the same spot.

I can't think of many schools this has worked out for football wise.  Bohnam crashed, New Diana bad year then a good year so we'll see, Mabank ended up giving it right back to the football coach, Lone Oak good Gracious #### show that is going on there.

2 hours ago, mrclean69 said:

I get that argument but it also sends the message that they don't care about actually being good at football, like they are giving up. They are going to get a poor candidate that is desperate for a head job. Maybe they do get a a good coach that has a couple good years. Is he going to stick around or use it to get an AD job? Now Eustace is back in the same spot.

I can't think of many schools this has worked out for football wise.  Bohnam crashed, New Diana bad year then a good year so we'll see, Mabank ended up giving it right back to the football coach, Lone Oak good Gracious #### show that is going on there.

Oh I totally agree.  But like I said, that's what it appears to say by doing that. And to me, the same with Hallsville.  

Guest Tiger03lb

Eustace isn't really known for being a football school. On the girls side of sports they are good. Boys side cross country, track, they were/are pretty good at baseball (I haven't kept up there lately but know they were a year or two ago). Basketball and football really aren't there.