LSU Players Threatened with Arrest for Smoking Cigars in Locker Room After Winning National Championship

RETIREDFAN1

I know most venues if not all have a no smoking policy.  I could show thousands if not millions of clips since the ban began of the performers lighting up all sorts of smokable material.  One of the most iconic scenes in the History of football was when Bob Lilly lit his cigar up after Super Bowl VI.  This was a well deserved smoke for the LSU Tigers.  To think just a little over 3 years ago the grass eater Les Miles was terminated, and now they have a National Championship trophy on the shelf.  With this being in New Orleans of all places the cop should have just let things be as they do on St. Charles St. and Canal St. during Mardi Gras when you can see all sorts of lewd and illegal behavior.  This was tame compared to 90% of what goes on in Naw Leans. 

3 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Yep. Deemed legal by the NCAA.  Not sure how it was, but I’m guessing there was a lot of paperwork done by his agent beforehand to get that done

Likely done as a "gift" for the bowl game. Bowl games give players tons of gifts. When I went to the Belk Bowl with the team, we all (players and staff) got watches and Belk gift cards. 

30 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Likely done as a "gift" for the bowl game. Bowl games give players tons of gifts. When I went to the Belk Bowl with the team, we all (players and staff) got watches and Belk gift cards. 

Yea but that’s different than a former alum giving it imo. 

48 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

my former student at OU got a couch for the Fiesta Bowl lol... 

2 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Figured that be more of a West Virginia type of gift.

They basically got a catalog with a ton of items in it and got to spend "points."  Him and his 2 other roommates basically furnished their apartment with it.

Really a non issue . I mean who didn't expect this. Odell was dumb enough to do it on the National Stage. I mean what are they gonna do 

Ncaa:

"I saw Odell gave you cash on tv"

Player

"Yeh, I gave it back"

NCAA that's fine

$$ no different than the headphones and Jordans imo. Not like there was a wire transfer lol.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

Really a non issue . I mean who didn't expect this. Odell was dumb enough to do it on the National Stage. I mean what are they gonna do 

Ncaa:

"I saw Odell gave you cash on tv"

Player

"Yeh, I gave it back"

NCAA that's fine

$$ no different than the headphones and Jordans imo. Not like there was a wire transfer lol.

Could start an unwanted investigation.  Especially after the embezzling booster paying recruits.