Interesting Patriots QB Op Ed

Like I've said elsewhere, there are a lot of factors. 

Brady has stated he wants to play til he's 45. He turns 43 in August. No doubt he's coming back - He doesn't want his career to end on a Wild Card embarassment. 

Unlikely Patriots will pay him a lot of money to come back for two years. So does Brady stay with a "sure" system for less money? 

Because he's not going anywhere where he doesn't have a really good shot at going to the SuperBowl. So which teams fit that bill and need a QB and can afford Brady?

On the flip side, is Belichick the kind of coach who will stick around to prove he can succeed without his star QB?

Going to be an interesting offseason... 

I don't believe Brady is going anywhere. There is too much history and passion for him in New England. He is too old to go anywhere else especially to a team with a so, so offensive line. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but Montana was not as old as Brady when he went to KC. So there's that. They will probably agree to a two year deal with incentives for him to stay. He is probably maneuvering for as much as he can get from NE..  But what do I know. Lol

2 hours ago, Newtonres7586 said:

Since they are in the weakest Division in football, I wouldn't count on it. Now, before somebody jumps on me; The eastern Division will not be that weak next year. IMO.

The Bills are young and hungry.  I think they'll take over the East for a while.  I see the AFC being back and forth with Baltimore for the next 4 years.  I don't see Lamar Jackson lasting more than 7 seasons with his style of play.  I think the injury bug will get him.  

18 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Like I've said elsewhere, there are a lot of factors. 

Brady has stated he wants to play til he's 45. He turns 43 in August. No doubt he's coming back - He doesn't want his career to end on a Wild Card embarassment. 

Unlikely Patriots will pay him a lot of money to come back for two years. So does Brady stay with a "sure" system for less money? 

Because he's not going anywhere where he doesn't have a really good shot at going to the SuperBowl. So which teams fit that bill and need a QB and can afford Brady?

On the flip side, is Belichick the kind of coach who will stick around to prove he can succeed without his star QB?

Going to be an interesting offseason... 

He won 11 games with Matt Cassell in 2008. As long as Belichick is there, they'll still be contenders. When Belichick leaves, that's when it falls apart. 

19 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

He won 11 games with Matt Cassell in 2008. As long as Belichick is there, they'll still be contenders. When Belichick leaves, that's when it falls apart. 

I think they'll turn out like his tenure with the Browns.  

On 1/15/2020 at 4:49 PM, DaveTV1 said:

The Bills are young and hungry.  I think they'll take over the East for a while.  I see the AFC being back and forth with Baltimore for the next 4 years.  I don't see Lamar Jackson lasting more than 7 seasons with his style of play.  I think the injury bug will get him.  

Good point. I like the Ravens in the  AFC. Just as long as it is not the Patriots. Give it a breather Pats.