Art Briles

randomuser

5 hours ago, randomuser said:

I don’t know if Briles is in on the Lee job but one news outlet says he’s going to Missouri State and another says they’re hiring Bobby Petrino. Giving 2 dudes with a bad rap a chance at a college job even though it’s FCS.

Good for Missouri State. 

2 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

I didn't see him staying at Mt Vernon long. I do feel bad for some in the community who were convinced he was there until he retired. I think they had blinders on. Most could see it was a rebound job to get a foot back in the door.  

Looks like the board took a lot of heat for bringing him in for nothing.  Even though all the outsiders knew it was a rebound job, I hoped he'd at least be there for a few years - not just a few months. 

Just now, PatsFan said:

Looks like the board took a lot of heat for bringing him in for nothing.  Even though all the outsiders knew it was a rebound job, I hoped he'd at least be there for a few years - not just a few months. 

Agree. They took a lot of heat for them. I know they'll be disappointed if he leaves. And even if he doesnt get the Missouri State job and Petrino does, it's clear he is trying to leave. 

7 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Agree. They took a lot of heat for them. I know they'll be disappointed if he leaves. And even if he doesnt get the Missouri State job and Petrino does, it's clear he is trying to leave. 

I agree, he's made it pretty clear by his actions that he has plans to leave pretty quick.

9 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I think he was innocent with the whole Baylor scandal, but he sure is being picky after being exiled from the states. Nobody thought he’d ever be offered any job let alone a 6A Texas school. No major college will take a chance on him given this whole bs cancel and woke culture bs. Good grief Vince Vaughn is catching 💩 for shaking our Presidents hand and having a short conversation. I’ve read plenty of comments given the racial division in Tyler. One has to believe he’d get some CUJO athletes to come over to Lee. 

Agree. Doesnt seem he has much room to be picky. You would think he'd be jumping at a chance for a 6A or a small college job. 

16 hours ago, ctown81 said:

Or he's just content with his own life .you can be as picky as you want 

i dont know if he's in love with being the mt vernon coach the rest of his life or not. he was making 3-4 mill a yr at baylor and got a 15 million dollar settlement so why would he have to be picky when it comes to making an extra 15-30 thousand a year coaching a high school team or lower level college? everybody in college football knows who he is and as time passes someone will probably take a chance on him because he knows how to win. who knows his son may be a head coach in a couple years and then art will be there with him.

14 hours ago, txk85 said:

i dont know if he's in love with being the mt vernon coach the rest of his life or not. he was making 3-4 mill a yr at baylor and got a 15 million dollar settlement so why would he have to be picky when it comes to making an extra 15-30 thousand a year coaching a high school team or lower level college? everybody in college football knows who he is and as time passes someone will probably take a chance on him because he knows how to win. who knows his son may be a head coach in a couple years and then art will be there with him.

He can be picky for all of the reasons you mentioned. I responded to a poster saying he really can't be picky and I was just stating he doesn't have to just jump at the first available job.

He's 64. Realistically he's probably going to coach what, 5 -6 more years?So if he is wanting to bounce back to college and be a head coach again at a higher level (FCS and up) he really doesn't have that long when you think about it. So in those terms, no he doesn't have that much time to wait it all out. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2020 at 9:36 AM, NATUREBOY98 said:

I think he was innocent with the whole Baylor scandal, but he sure is being picky after being exiled from the states. Nobody thought he’d ever be offered any job let alone a 6A Texas school. No major college will take a chance on him given this whole bs cancel and woke culture bs. Good grief Vince Vaughn is catching 💩 for shaking our Presidents hand and having a short conversation. I’ve read plenty of comments given the racial division in Tyler. One has to believe he’d get some CUJO athletes to come over to Lee. 

He was anything but innocent.

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

3 hours ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

The 13-page "findings of fact" released by Baylor didn't name Starr, Briles or McCaw individually, but the investigation covered from 2011-2015. Briles has been Baylor's football coach since 2008 and McCaw became athletic director in 2003.

Again, what is he GUILTY of?   There is ZERO proof that HE “hid” multiple sexual assaults.  Baylor paid him $17 million to exit.  Horrific actions made by some bad actors on the BU football team.   That’s what he is guilty of, having some bad apples on the team.   In the court of “public opinion” I assume he is guilty but the man has never been proven guilty of anything in a court of law.   JMO

• Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 9:00 AM, PatsFan said:

This happens all the time with coaches, when an upper coaching opportunity comes up, you go for it, it's no different from you going after a better job opportunity, you would do the same for your benefit.