Art Briles

randomuser

11 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

The 13-page "findings of fact" released by Baylor didn't name Starr, Briles or McCaw individually, but the investigation covered from 2011-2015. Briles has been Baylor's football coach since 2008 and McCaw became athletic director in 2003.

Again, what is he GUILTY of?   There is ZERO proof that HE “hid” multiple sexual assaults.  Baylor paid him $17 million to exit.  Horrific actions made by some bad actors on the BU football team.   That’s what he is guilty of, having some bad apples on the team.   In the court of “public opinion” I assume he is guilty but the man has never been proven guilty of anything in a court of law.   JMO

He was the leader of the team. Multiple sexual assaults took place under his watch. He didn't report them. Not a good look. I'm not sure how you could defend that.

Let's say you had a daughter that was one of the victims. I'm sure you would look at it from a different perspective.

• Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1

4 hours ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

He was the leader of the team. Multiple sexual assaults took place under his watch. He didn't report them. Not a good look. I'm not sure how you could defend that.

Let's say you had a daughter that was one of the victims. I'm sure you would look at it from a different perspective.

So basically every college president should be fired when a sexual assault occurs on a college campus?  No need to go on with this debate.   There are zero facts stating that “he knew of the assaults and didn’t report them”.   Again, public opinion at its best.   I would hope my daughter would report it to me and I guarantee you nothing would have been able to go “unreported”.     

Good debate with different views of a bad situation. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2020 at 11:04 PM, BlackShirtD said:

The 13-page "findings of fact" released by Baylor didn't name Starr, Briles or McCaw individually, but the investigation covered from 2011-2015. Briles has been Baylor's football coach since 2008 and McCaw became athletic director in 2003.

Again, what is he GUILTY of?   There is ZERO proof that HE “hid” multiple sexual assaults.  Baylor paid him $17 million to exit.  Horrific actions made by some bad actors on the BU football team.   That’s what he is guilty of, having some bad apples on the team.   In the court of “public opinion” I assume he is guilty but the man has never been proven guilty of anything in a court of law.   JMO

Baylor is the least of his worries.   Just this year MV got put on probation for having a coach on staff that was not a school employee.   

• LOL! 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, BillyClydePuckett said:

Baylor is the least of his worries.   Just this year MV got put on probation for having a coach on staff that was not a school employee.   

Ok, one of his ex BU players who didn’t work for the school was helping coach.   This is not the first time or the last this will happen in Texas HS football.  So what exactly does “probation” mean?   Does it mean MV losses scholarships or banned from bowl eligibility?   Cmon man!   Basically it means the young man needs to get employed by MV so he can coach.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

Ok, one of his ex BU players who didn’t work for the school was helping coach.   This is not the first time or the last this will happen in Texas HS football.  So what exactly does “probation” mean?   Does it mean MV losses scholarships or banned from bowl eligibility?   Cmon man!   Basically it means the young man needs to get employed by MV so he can coach.  

Glorified slap on the wrist. Means absolutely nothing.