🟡 LSU 2020 Thread

Lobo97

3 minutes ago, AKA said:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, because that's actually a dang good fit for his skillset.  

I was serious.  Leach likes big plays but most of those are set up on under 10 yard throws.  King could do that... and when he can’t he can run?!? Yes please.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I was serious.  Leach likes big plays but most of those are set up on under 10 yard throws.  King could do that... and when he can’t he can run?!? Yes please.

Yep, I'll probably end up trying to watch *most* of Leach's games next season. But with a QB like King, it would be Must-See TV every Saturday. 

On 1/17/2020 at 7:43 AM, WETSU said:

Gene Chizik was actually a really good DC at one point. I’m not sure ED O is even that. But he is a much better HC than Chizik imo. ED O just needs to make the right hires. That will be his career from here on out. And I respect that. Dabo might be the best HC in the game right now and that’s his approach. 

Every coaches career is dependent of their hires.

42 minutes ago, LSUTIGERS said:

Every coaches career is dependent of their hires.

Yes and no. Some HCs run part of their team. It will never mater who Jimbo officially gives the OC title to, he’s the offense. That’s sabans defense. That’s mike leaches offense. That’s Lincoln Riley’s offense.  Dabo is a ceo. Les miles is a ceo. Ed O is a ceo. Mack Brown is a ceo. Still amazing coaches, but their coordinator hires mean more than someone who basically runs one side of the ball. 

4 hours ago, Rabbs63 said:

LSU is losing several players to the draft I see.  What are the chances of a repeat?

Maybe the lowest chance of a champion repeating this century. Just simply based on what they are losing and what the other contenders (Clemson should be heavy favorite) are bringing back.

3 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

Nothing to complain about there.  Still well respected in Louisiana.  He will be fine.

• Thanks 1

On 1/17/2020 at 4:37 AM, WETSU said:

I still don’t know if Ed O is an elite coach yet. I mean we were literally wondering if he would survive the year this time last season. He does get credit for recognizing he needed a change and bringing on Brady. That’s enough to warrant giving him 2-3 more years and open reigns on who he hires imo. But I still think in 4-5 years LSU will be talking about letting him go. He caught lightning in a bottle, but I am just not convinced he is going to be the right guy long term. Like we said, his hires this year will go a long way in how effective I think he can be there long term. 

I agree.  This is Les Miles all over. Win big early, secure a nice payday and then be good, not great.

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

I agree.  This is Les Miles all over. Win big early, secure a nice payday and then be good, not great.

Only so many times I can say this.  Ed O is not Nick Saban or Bill Billecheat... he is only as good as his assistants.  The guy is a recruiter and motivator.  And right now, he is one hell of a “fixer upper.”  

by himself, he is a good coach and nothing more.  But his ability to recognize what changes were needed, then hire the right guys makes him an elite College “operations manager” right now.

and just a side note... I am pretty sure USC is kicking themselves in the ### right now for not giving him a shot...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Nothing to complain about there.  Still well respected in Louisiana.  He will be fine.

No complaints about his time in Norman. Would've rather kept him than Mike.

Fiery guy, a little eccentric (think a low-IQ version of Mike Leach), but quite popular with the players. 

56 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

That RB from Lancaster that LSU is getting is legit. 

Hopefully he is dedicated to his craft.  We have an outstanding freshman now that will carry the load left by Edwards-Helaire.  If Bradford can handle being #2 for a year or 2, he will get his shot on the big stage and likely in the NFL.

• Like 1