🟡 LSU 2020 Thread

Lobo97

10 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I believe Ensminger got all of the tools he needed from Joe Brady to be successful.  

If you watch closely, 2 things really stuck out to me that I think we’re products of Brady and his teaching.

The WRs/TE caught probably 80% or better of 50/50 balls and rarely dropped anything that hit their hands. Extremely productive season in that regard. Probably part of the catch 10k balls offseason program Brady put them on. The LSU WRs made Burrow look just as good as he made them look. 

The second thing is that Joe Burrow, because of his incredible faith in their ability to win the 50/50 ball, completed a lot of passes that many QBs just don’t complete because he literally was throwing to covered receivers and just knew they would come down with it. He even said as much. Paraphrasing, but something like “if the DBs not looking at me it doesn’t matter where his body is, my guy is open.” Time after time after time we saw Burrow launch a deep ball or a fade in the redzone to a guy that was basically blanketed, and because of his trust and incredible ball placement the play would be completed. Brady’s influence is all over that. 

The real real question is going to be what happens when a new QB can’t do that? Will this offense work the same? I don’t know...

14 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I believe Ensminger got all of the tools he needed from Joe Brady to be successful.  

Just busting your chops Mav.   :D 

Personally, I think Brady is a bit overrated. Burrow is the truth. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WETSU said:

If you watch closely, 2 things really stuck out to me that I think we’re products of Brady and his teaching.

The WRs/TE caught probably 80% or better of 50/50 balls and rarely dropped anything that hit their hands. Extremely productive season in that regard. Probably part of the catch 10k balls offseason program Brady put them on. The LSU WRs made Burrow look just as good as he made them look. 

The second thing is that Joe Burrow, because of his incredible faith in their ability to win the 50/50 ball, completed a lot of passes that many QBs just don’t complete because he literally was throwing to covered receivers and just knew they would come down with it. He even said as much. Paraphrasing, but something like “if the DBs not looking at me it doesn’t matter where his body is, my guy is open.” Time after time after time we saw Burrow launch a deep ball or a fade in the redzone to a guy that was basically blanketed, and because of his trust and incredible ball placement the play would be completed. Brady’s influence is all over that. 

The real real question is going to be what happens when a new QB can’t do that? Will this offense work the same? I don’t know...

No, it doesn't. 

See Jalen Hurts 2019.

28 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

No, it doesn't. 

See Jalen Hurts 2019.

I really don't think Brennan is going to be terrible. He's looked very impressive in limited action. 

He's just not gonna look like a damn cheat code.   :D 

Fortunately (for LSU fans) the Tigah offense doesn't require Tecmo Bowl Jim Kelly in order for their offense to be effective. 

There will be a dropoff next year, but they're still gonna be in the thick of the SEC race. Mark it down. 

5 hours ago, WETSU said:

That is actually from Sean Payton passed down to Joe Brady, passed down to Joe Burrow.  This is the New Orleans Saints way.  The new QB just has to have faith in his WRs to go get a ball and be able to see when that opportunity is available.  No 3rd and Long is impossible for a New Orleans Saints offense.

37 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Who’ll be pointing at the next play to run for him?

Joe Brady was brought in to help install the New Orleans Saints offense.  His role in the booth was to suggest plays that may work in that situation.  Ensminger called all of the plays.  You aren't going to see run happy LSU anymore.  The trick will be implementation of this offense into the new classes coming into LSU.  I've heard Ensminger had his nose and notes in every aspect of the new offense.  We will see...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKA said:

I really don't think Brennan is going to be terrible. He's looked very impressive in limited action. 

He's just not gonna look like a damn cheat code.   :D 

Fortunately (for LSU fans) the Tigah offense doesn't require Tecmo Bowl Jim Kelly in order for their offense to be effective. 

There will be a dropoff next year, but they're still gonna be in the thick of the SEC race. Mark it down. 

Im going scorched Earth after we beat em next season. 😂😎☕

• LOL! 1

• 2 months later...
26 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

The industry-generated 247Sports Composite ranks the 6-foot-6, 240-pounder from Texarkana, Texas as the No. 106 overall prospect in America, the No. 3 weak-side defensive end nationally, and No. the 19 overall prospect in the Lone Star State. 247Sports ranks Landon Jackson as the No. 69 overall prospect in the nation, the No. 5 weak-side defensive end nationally, and the No. 11 overall prospect in Texas

Is he not committed to A&M?

2 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Yes I figured this early in the process. Good solid player that should be a great pickup  for either team. Lsu has the upside for now with a recent  title.

he has been saying for a while that he was going to committ before his senior season. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Ok this is weird, he was a projected starter for 2020. 

Huge transfer news, 2019 5-star LB Marcel Brooks of #GeauxTigers has entered the transfer portal after totaling 8 tackles and 1.5 sacks last season @rivalsmike @RivalsWoody @JimmyDetail  

https://t.co/j1Yg0Qd4AR

Not surprising if you followed this kids recruitment.

• Like 2