After being homeless as a child, NFL rookie surprises father with house

4 hours ago, Crawford said:

Very humbling story. I wish more pro athletes had his mind set.

Most of them do we don't know about it.  Charles Barkley learned the hard way, and cut them off.  I work with LaDainian Tomlinson's brother, and he said that his Momma spent over $1 million on his Momma his rookie year.  His brother said that if he hadn't married his sister in law some of his family would have made him broke.  That's why many of them wind up bankrupt.  I still can't believe that Latrell Sprewell turned down a three year contract with the Timberwolves for $21 million at the time, because he said he couldn't feed his kids.  His wife that he married in 1989 divorced him, because he wasn't making enough money.  They were married in 1989 according to his bio and she sued him for $200 million in 2007.  I'm not sure how that case came out.  According to one source he's only worth $50,000 at the current time I'm guessing from his NBA Pension, but I don't know how much that is.  From what I found the average player receives $38,000 a year.  I'm sure his is more because of the time period he played and how long he did.