LSU Ignores Pressure – Will Visit Trump White House Tomorrow

RETIREDFAN1

33 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I instantly wish career ending injuries on all teams/athletes that refuse to visit the White House. Yea I said it. You want to be disrespectful little punks you deserve your careers ended. 

In a way, I feel the same.  Nothing pisses me off more than an entire team or organization saying "We aren't going."  Let every individual make their own decision if you are opposed to the president.  Obama was disliked by Republicans as much as Trump is disliked by Democrats...  How many times did someone tell Obama "No"?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

Honestly no one cares about an athlete political beliefs. I respect the office of President and a privilege to be invited. 

Most athletes have the right to vote just like me and hopefully you do. So, they do have a say.

Now, I think it would be a privilege for all champions to go to the WH to be recognized no matter the party.

And by the way, I'm as conservative as they get.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Most athletes have the right to vote just like me and hopefully you do. So, they do have a say.

Now, I think it would be a privilege for all champions to go to the WH to be recognized no matter the party.

And by the way, I'm as conservative as they get.

Agree 100% I was just stating I would have gone to Washington to see Obama as well as W or Trump. The office is something I have respect for. 

The practice started with President Coolidge . Kurt and West hardinfan were there when it all started. I believe he was in attendance. Quite a privilege indeed.

• LOL! 1

9 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Agree 100% I was just stating I would have gone to Washington to see Obama as well as W or Trump. The office is something I have respect for. 

The practice started with President Coolidge . Kurt and West hardinfan were there when it all started. I believe he was in attendance. Quite a privilege indeed.

* I should have said college athletes and above.