Hallsville is open

dillonpanthers

Unless you are offering AD/HC money to just be HC....  I would think it would be a hard sale for a coach. 

Two athletic positions paying 115K a piece  is a hard sale for taxpayers.... and most superintendents. 

• Like 2

On 2/7/2020 at 1:45 PM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Yes I agree. It's becoming the "new" thing to do below the 6A classification.

Sups tend to like it if they can find the money ... puts a buffer between him/her and the board/public ... someone else to point to if hire does not turn out well.

• Like 1

From what I understand they've got a guy targeted for the AD job...could be a familiar face....

I'm guessing the influence of the other sports is whats causing Hallsville to separate the AD/HFC role....if they hire a "football guy" as the AD then he may still be able to attract a decent candidate....

1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

From what I understand they've got a guy targeted for the AD job...could be a familiar face....

I'm guessing the influence of the other sports is whats causing Hallsville to separate the AD/HFC role....if they hire a "football guy" as the AD then he may still be able to attract a decent candidate....

Drennen must have really #### off the baseball parents.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

A Hallsville Alum possibly?

36 minutes ago, 903sweetshot said:

Heard it’s a former coach from a few years ago. Very respected guy, has football background, but solid overall. Girls coaches are extremely happy that it isn’t a guy who is just worried about guys athletics.

Is he a current head football coach somewhere? And a Hallsville grad?

29 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Oh I'm sure he would. Do you think that Hallsville is a better job than where he is at? Better money I'm sure

Better job as far a football goes??  Probably not.  Definitely more money though, and possibly wanting to get back closer to home.  He has relatives that are still employed in the district.

37 minutes ago, 903GUY said:

Better job as far a football goes??  Probably not.  Definitely more money though, and possibly wanting to get back closer to home.  He has relatives that are still employed in the district.

Yeah, it's a better town to live in. No question. Just maybe not for furthering your career