Hallsville is open

dillonpanthers

if they hire the baseball coach to be the AD then they won't get anyone worth nothing for the football job...not at that place, when football and baseball already dont jive together. Id imagine spring hill, pine tree, marshall, maybe longview clean up from h-ville move ins if thats the case

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rocketpop said:

if they hire the baseball coach to be the AD then they won't get anyone worth nothing for the football job...not at that place, when football and baseball already dont jive together. Id imagine spring hill, pine tree, marshall, maybe longview clean up from h-ville move ins if thats the case

Who is Hallsville going to attract with them separated?

You need some kind of perk to come to a school where you will typically be the least talented team in your district.

2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Who is Hallsville going to attract with them separated?

You need some kind of perk to come to a school where you will typically be the least talented team in your district.

I wouldn’t say that.  At least most seasons. 

Until lately.... Hallsville has always been super competitive even against the top teams in the district..... they just couldn’t get over the hump. 

But if the trend continues down its current path... it could end up in a very bad place.  2019 was the worst Hallsville team I’ve seen in the last 20 seasons when we started playing them in 2000. 

Better right the ship... or they could become what Pine Tree once was. 

Ill stay mum on who I consider to be the least talented team in the district.  You never know when it’s your team’s turn to be that guy. 

• Like 1

Hallsville seemed to be ok with Adams coaching back when. The cats are used to be decent. Every once in a while they would give you a fight. Not much separate in East Tx 5a. Marshall has the history and Whitehouse somewhat. I could see hallsville getting to be competitive . 

9 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Hallsville seemed to be ok with Adams coaching back when. The cats are used to be decent. Every once in a while they would give you a fight. Not much separate in East Tx 5a. Marshall has the history and Whitehouse somewhat. I could see hallsville getting to be competitive . 

They got an uphill battle right now. This isn’t a great time to be starting at level 0. 

Not with Texas High likely joining the district.  Not with the continued growth at Marshall and Whitehouse.  Toss in the rise of Pine Tree.  Nac is already ahead of them. 

Tough place to be.  Tough time to be rebuilding. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

They got an uphill battle right now. This isn’t a great time to be starting at level 0. 

Not with Texas High likely joining the district.  Not with the continued growth at Marshall and Whitehouse.  Toss in the rise of Pine Tree.  Nac is already ahead of them. 

Tough place to be.  Tough time to be rebuilding. 

Couldn't agree more .

5 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Makes it a less desirable position.  

yea i get that. it was 115k yr for the past coach. lindale who i think is separate has the hc pay around 80k TISD i think are 105-110k. just think its a really tough sell at 80k since i feel like a lot of the smaller schools in the area are around that.