The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dillonpanthers

Hallsville is open

Unless you are offering AD/HC money to just be HC....  I would think it would be a hard sale for a coach. 

Two athletic positions paying 115K a piece  is a hard sale for taxpayers.... and most superintendents. 

• Like 2

i just don't really see that much of a need in a school district that only has one school in it. i know at t-high there is an assistant ad but i dont imagine he's getting anywhere near what stanford is getting paid. 

On 2/7/2020 at 1:45 PM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Yes I agree. It's becoming the "new" thing to do below the 6A classification.

Sups tend to like it if they can find the money ... puts a buffer between him/her and the board/public ... someone else to point to if hire does not turn out well.

• Like 1

From what I understand they've got a guy targeted for the AD job...could be a familiar face....

I'm guessing the influence of the other sports is whats causing Hallsville to separate the AD/HFC role....if they hire a "football guy" as the AD then he may still be able to attract a decent candidate....

1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

From what I understand they've got a guy targeted for the AD job...could be a familiar face....

I'm guessing the influence of the other sports is whats causing Hallsville to separate the AD/HFC role....if they hire a "football guy" as the AD then he may still be able to attract a decent candidate....

Drennen must have really #### off the baseball parents.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

A Hallsville Alum possibly?

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

Drennen must have really #### off the baseball parents.

I would think that this is likely a strong possibility.

4 hours ago, MattStepp said:

if they hire a "football guy" as the AD then he may still be able to attract a decent candidate....

If it is not, it will be very hard to get someone good. 

When are they supposed to hire the AD?

Heard it’s a former coach from a few years ago. Very respected guy, has football background, but solid overall. Girls coaches are extremely happy that it isn’t a guy who is just worried about guys athletics.

36 minutes ago, 903sweetshot said:

Heard it’s a former coach from a few years ago. Very respected guy, has football background, but solid overall. Girls coaches are extremely happy that it isn’t a guy who is just worried about guys athletics.

Is he a current head football coach somewhere? And a Hallsville grad?

2 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

If it is not, it will be very hard to get someone good. 

When are they supposed to hire the AD?

Next week

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 903GUY said:

I'm hearing inside hire for AD and a current HC/former grad for HFC

That wouldn't surprise me. I had heard the former grad was trying to get the AD job though 

2 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

That wouldn't surprise me. I had heard the former grad was trying to get the AD job though 

That's true, but I believe he would be willing to take the HC position 

23 minutes ago, 903GUY said:

That's true, but I believe he would be willing to take the HC position 

Oh I'm sure he would. Do you think that Hallsville is a better job than where he is at? Better money I'm sure

29 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Oh I'm sure he would. Do you think that Hallsville is a better job than where he is at? Better money I'm sure

Better job as far a football goes??  Probably not.  Definitely more money though, and possibly wanting to get back closer to home.  He has relatives that are still employed in the district.

37 minutes ago, 903GUY said:

Better job as far a football goes??  Probably not.  Definitely more money though, and possibly wanting to get back closer to home.  He has relatives that are still employed in the district.

Yeah, it's a better town to live in. No question. Just maybe not for furthering your career

Is who I think this is is the older brother of one that will be on staff with Mack Brown at UNC?

7 hours ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Is who I think this is is the older brother of one that will be on staff with Mack Brown at UNC?

No. This one has a brother still currently working for the district 

7 hours ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

The one you are talking about has a better football job after they dropped to 4A.