Running Rabbs Winning State!

HearEmaGrowlin

3 hours ago, frozeng03 said:

Atlanta has  legit chance of playing in the Regional  finals But will have to go through their part of the bracket Which will include Jefferson and commerce. 

Don’t think Jeffy is as good as last year. 

On 1/21/2020 at 7:26 AM, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Yep. A team that can break the press and slow the game down will beat Tatum. 

A good way around that is to actually work slowing it down in a game. Pressing and beating teams by 80 because "That's what we do". Doesn't really prepare you for teams that can slow it down. 

17 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

A good way around that is to actually work slowing it down in a game. Pressing and beating teams by 80 because "That's what we do". Doesn't really prepare you for teams that can slow it down. 

This is a new group of kids so they may be able to slow it down but that hasn’t been the case in the past. 

4 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

This is a new group of kids so they may be able to slow it down but that hasn’t been the case in the past. 

I think it more a coaching philosophy than the kids. Looks real good to some people putting up the numbers Tatum puts up. When it comes down to it those kids aren't being challenged to slow it down. When forced to play that way impossible to tell how they will react because they never do it. 

4 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

They slowed it down in HJ Marathon and a couple other preseason games. Last year on their playoff run zero teams tried to slow it down. They can slow it down if needed. 

21 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

I think it more a coaching philosophy than the kids. Looks real good to some people putting up the numbers Tatum puts up. When it comes down to it those kids aren't being challenged to slow it down. When forced to play that way impossible to tell how they will react because they never do it. 

I agree with some that you say. But I would like to add you gotta dance with the one that brought you. Carr’s philosophy is just that, his. 

27 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

I realize that’s the coaches style of play, I’m saying maybe the kids will be able to handle it if they are slowed down. Tatum ain’t gonna slow it down, just need to be able to play at a slower pace if forced to. One things for sure, with that fast paced game they play and pressing, they oughta be in really good shape. A team that can run up and down the court all night has a pretty good advantage. 

On 1/21/2020 at 1:41 PM, Eagleborn said:

I’ll still argue to this day that we would of won one had one of the shooters not decide to leave for senior trip morning of state finals game. 

That Regional Final against Crockett is still one if there best HS games I have ever been to. Crockett misses needs 1 FT to ice it, and misses both with arguably one if their best FT shooters at the line. Tatum goes down the floor and has a freshman knock down a game tying three at the buzzer. Crockett was deflated and couldn't get it back together. Tatum wins and probably should have won it all...

6 minutes ago, topher805 said:

That Regional Final against Crockett is still one if there best HS games I have ever been to. Crockett misses needs 1 FT to ice it, and misses both with arguably one if their best FT shooters at the line. Tatum goes down the floor and has a freshman knock down a game tying three at the buzzer. Crockett was deflated and couldn't get it back together. Tatum wins and probably should have won it all...

We’ve had some good finishes. Last second coast to coast against Kountze was probably my favorite.