SUPER BOWL LIV: 49ers vs. Chiefs

San Francisco vs. Kansas City  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

• San Francisco 49ers
    • Kansas City Chiefs

This poll is closed to new votes

33 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

One hit wonder.   If you don't think the Chiefs are going to come up with a game plan to stop the run, you're mistaken.  I think this game will be exciting, and I think it will be interesting to see what transpires.  

One hit wonder, my foot ... the 49ers have been running the ball effectively all year .... if the Chiefs load up to try and stop it, they will get burned with the pass .... the niners are pretty well balanced on offense ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

10 hours ago, Stoney said:

Wow!!! That’s a name I ain’t heard of in years. Good running back but if I remember correctly, a little bit of a knucklehead.

Overrated mouth, but underrated receiver outta the backfield. 

On 1/19/2020 at 8:52 PM, KirtFalcon said:

49ers running game looks pretty stout ... if KC can stop it, they should win, if not, it could be a tough game for them to win ...

Yeah, I'm torn between whether their running game was strong, or Green Bay's run defense was just lacking. My memory is so bad, I can't remember how  the 49'ers fared against other teams. I just had the gut feeling the Packers run defense was weak. I just don't see anybody beating Mahomes right now. But, you can bet the niners  are working on a way to contain him. We'll see.

20 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

One hit wonder, my foot ... the 49ers have been running the ball effectively all year .... if the Chiefs load up to try and stop it, they will get burned with the pass .... the niners are pretty well balanced on offense ....

49ers been afraid of Jimmy G throwing the football lately. KC secondary is pretty good, ask Tennessee. SF better hope that run game keeps cooking. I think SF D will have to score some points in this one also. 

2 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

49ers been afraid of Jimmy G throwing the football lately. KC secondary is pretty good, ask Tennessee. SF better hope that run game keeps cooking. I think SF D will have to score some points in this one also. 

I'm not pulling for either team ... just glad it will be someone who hasn't won lately ... I don't think either team will overmatched the other and am hoping for a close competitive game without the officials figuring into the outcome ... I would like to see a barn burner that's decided on the last play of the game ....

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I'm not pulling for either team ... just glad it will be someone who hasn't won lately ... I don't think either team will overmatched the other and am hoping for a close competitive game without the officials figuring into the outcome ... I would like to see a barn burner that's decided on the last play of the game ....

I hear ya. Would've been ho-hum with the Pats in it again. 

As for KC's run defense, I think you have to look at what they've done the 2nd half of the season as opposed to the season as a whole. As that defense got healthy, it got much better. 

Over the course of the last 8 games (including playoffs), the Chiefs run defense only gave up 100 'Team' yards 3X (the most being 122). They gave up an avg of 93 yards per game, which would have been good for 5th best on the season. They only allowed 1 100 yard rusher. And while you may think Houston's rush offense isn't as good as SF's, Tennessee's is (probably better). They held Tennessee to 85 yards, and the NFL's rushing leader to 69. 

I also would not expect Mostert to duplicate what he did against GB. But, we'll see. 

13 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

As for KC's run defense, I think you have to look at what they've done the 2nd half of the season as opposed to the season as a whole. As that defense got healthy, it got much better. 

Over the course of the last 8 games (including playoffs), the Chiefs run defense only gave up 100 'Team' yards 3X (the most being 122). They gave up an avg of 93 yards per game, which would have been good for 5th best on the season. They only allowed 1 100 yard rusher. And while you may think Houston's rush offense isn't as good as SF's, Tennessee's is (probably better). They held Tennessee to 85 yards, and the NFL's rushing leader to 69. 

I also would not expect Mostert to duplicate what he did against GB. But, we'll see. 

To me, the key matchup is can the KC defense keep the SF offense and their running game off the field long enough to allow Mahomes to work his magic .... if they can,  I think they probably win, if they can't .... the SF offense may be able to play enough ball control to limit KC's offense  and pull out the upset  .....  it should be a great game! ....

10 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

To me, the key matchup is can the KC defense keep the SF offense and their running game off the field long enough to allow Mahomes to work his magic .... if they can,  I think they probably win, if they can't .... the SF offense may be able to play enough ball control to limit KC's offense  and pull out the upset  .....  it should be a great game! ....

Agree with this. 

S.F. doesn't have to shut Mahomes down. In fact, there's no way they will. K.C. will score points, that's a given. The difference is going to be what S.F. does with the ball.

IF they can sustain long scoring drives (putting 7s on the board instead of 3s), they can offset Mahomes and K.C.'s quick-strike tendencies.

That takes some (not all) of the pressure off the S.F. defense. Granted, they're still gonna have to figure out a way to stop the K.C. offense at some point, but there's absolutely now way S.F. can win a shootout with Mahomes. Their offense just isn't built that way.