SUPER BOWL LIV: 49ers vs. Chiefs

San Francisco vs. Kansas City  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

• San Francisco 49ers
    • Kansas City Chiefs

This poll is closed to new votes

It was like the entire NFL football fandom was sittin' there just waiting and watching.......waiting for Patrick Mahomes to do it again!  They were down 10 pts. going into the 4th qtr.......things were looking kinda bleak because so far Mahomes hadn't uncorked anything but short ones.  Then out of the blue here it came......after a few key first downs to move those chains.  Suddenly it was a 3 pt. game and the Chiefs had life.  Lots of time left though, but the Chiefs D stepped up and got their stops. Now that's all Patrick and the Boys needed.......Chiefs dominate the 4th and win the Super Bowl for the first time in 50 yrs.  Andy Reid gets his ring.....deservedly......Patrick in the center of it all.  He's only 24.......should we ever have doubted him at all???  Just WOW.......I actually shed a tear of joy for the KC Chiefs,  Patrick Mahomes, and Andy Reid......mainly because I love football and I love this story.

8 hours ago, regaleagle said:

It was like the entire NFL football fandom was sittin' there just waiting and watching.......waiting for Patrick Mahomes to do it again!  They were down 10 pts. going into the 4th qtr.......things were looking kinda bleak because so far Mahomes hadn't uncorked anything but short ones.  Then out of the blue here it came......after a few key first downs to move those chains.  Suddenly it was a 3 pt. game and the Chiefs had life.  Lots of time left though, but the Chiefs D stepped up and got their stops. Now that's all Patrick and the Boys needed.......Chiefs dominate the 4th and win the Super Bowl for the first time in 50 yrs.  Andy Reid gets his ring.....deservedly......Patrick in the center of it all.  He's only 24.......should we ever have doubted him at all???  Just WOW.......I actually shed a tear of joy for the KC Chiefs,  Patrick Mahomes, and Andy Reid......mainly because I love football and I love this story.

Well said 

On 1/31/2020 at 8:49 AM, AKA said:

Agree with this. 

S.F. doesn't have to shut Mahomes down. In fact, there's no way they will. K.C. will score points, that's a given. The difference is going to be what S.F. does with the ball.

IF they can sustain long scoring drives (putting 7s on the board instead of 3s), they can offset Mahomes and K.C.'s quick-strike tendencies.

That takes some (not all) of the pressure off the S.F. defense. Granted, they're still gonna have to figure out a way to stop the K.C. offense at some point, but there's absolutely now way S.F. can win a shootout with Mahomes. Their offense just isn't built that way.

San Fran lost the game when they went away from running the ball. Feel bad for the Niners defense. They did what they had to do. Their offense let the team down. 

Everyone in the western hemisphere knew that Kansas City was gonna make a late surge no matter what the halftime score was. I don't know what Shanahan was thinking with the deep routes. That ain't the kinda QB he's got. Should've stuck with mixing the inside and perimeter run game. It was working. 

Nonetheless, the better team won. Hank Stram is smiling down on his team today. 

I loved the game, but I did think it was over for the 49ers going into the 4th.  Mahomes looked shaky which is to be expected for a young man having never been there.  He calmed down, and pulled off the comeback.  Now the man from Whitehouse can go to the White House.  I saw that he hopes to spend a long time in Kansas City, but what I would do for him to become a free agent, and then sign with the Cowboys.  I would bet that he would love to play there.  I would not doubt that Whitehouse, TX also has a parade in his honor.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I loved the game, but I did think it was over for the 49ers going into the 4th.  Mahomes looked shaky which is to be expected for a young man having never been there.  He calmed down, and pulled off the comeback.  Now the man from Whitehouse can go to the White House.  I saw that he hopes to spend a long time in Kansas City, but what I would do for him to become a free agent, and then sign with the Cowboys.  I would bet that he would love to play there.  I would not doubt that Whitehouse, TX also has a parade in his honor.  

Mahomes has always been an obvious football guy, even when he played at T-Tech. Not sure the 2022 Cowboys would be a good fit. And the cap won't be there if they sign key folks now after Zeke's dealio.

5 hours ago, SloppyJoe said:

Mahomes has always been an obvious football guy, even when he played at T-Tech. Not sure the 2022 Cowboys would be a good fit. And the cap won't be there if they sign key folks now after Zeke's dealio.

I think they would.  Since he was a first round draft pick he will have a 5th year option unlike Dak.  The CBA Agreement is going to be a difficult one.  It expires in 2021, and the owners are wanting a 17 game season.  I don't see why.  I think 16 is enough.  Will the franchise tag still be around ?  I've heard the Cowboys want to place Dak under that.  If anyone deserves the big bucks it's Mr. Mahomes.  He would be worth a 10 year - $450 million contract.  I know that sounds like a lot, but back end it, and pay him a big signing bonus that can be prorated.  The Chiefs are going to have to make that decision. They have a couple of more years that they don't have to, just as with Houston and Watson.  If I were Jerry I'd franchise tag Dak for the next two years, and see what happens with the CBA.  

• Thanks 1