NFL Draft

11 hours ago, AKA said:

So who gets picked after Burrow? 

Ohio State will have two guys probably go top 5. Chase Young is your prototypical pass rusher. Jeffrey Okudah is your CB1. Isaiah Simmons is a freak who can play anywhere on defense. 

1. Bengals- if it’s not Burrow I’ll be shocked

2. Redskins- they want Haskins to be the QB of the future. Chase Young is probably the safest pick of anybody but Redskins still have a lot of holes. If they don’t take Young watch for somebody to trade up to make sure they get their QB (Tua, Herbert, Love, Fromm, Eason)

3. Lions- Lions aren’t QB shopping due to Stafford’s huge contract. Detroit could luck into Chase Young by staying put. Detroit could trade down and pick up picks. 

4. Giants- Giants have Daniel Jones and Saqoun Barkley. Not a shabby foundation. Bad o-line and lack of defensive talent have them spinning their wheels. Andrew Thomas of Georgia or Jedrick Wills of Alabama would be a OT upgrade. Isaiah Simmons of Clemson or Jeffrey Okudah would be huge additions to the defense. Day 1 starters. Could stay pat and pick, unless the Redskins and Lions didn’t trade out ahead of them. 

5. Dolphins- How much does Miami want a new QB? Have the draft picks to move up from 5 all the way to 1 if they want to. Tua’s health issues could have him slide to Miami. Miami could miss out on their guy. They are in the toughest spot of the top 5 picks. 

The Raiders have two first round picks (12th and 19th) if they want to move up for a new QB to go with their new Vegas stadium.

The Dolphins have three first round picks ( 5th, 18th,26th) if they want to jump from 5th to make sure they get their guy. 

11 hours ago, Stoney said:

5. Dolphins- How much does Miami want a new QB? Have the draft picks to move up from 5 all the way to 1 if they want to. Tua’s health issues could have him slide to Miami. Miami could miss out on their guy. They are in the toughest spot of the top 5 picks. 

The Dolphins have three first round picks ( 5th, 18th,26th) if they want to jump from 5th to make sure they get their guy. 

We'll probably draft Tua but I'm hoping for Jake Fromm or maybe even Justin Herbert. Nothing against Tua's passing ability, but I just don't know if he can come back from that hip injury. 

If I'm Miami, I go all "Ricky Williams" on the draft, and send Cincy all our first-round picks (and whatever else they want) to get Burrow. 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2020 at 5:20 PM, Champ1000 said:

Anyone else expect any less from Vegas. A floating stage will be difficult to beat next year. Hopefully all the invites passed a swimming test before the draft

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I listened to his interview on the Ticket (Dallas radio) today. They made a joke about having Baker and Kyler on the last 2 years. Since he was interviewed today, that guarantees he will be picked 1. He said he hopes that’s the case

• 1 month later...

Alright, less than 2 weeks from the Draft. Let's see what everyone is thinking.

1. Bengals- Burrow

2. Redskins- Young

3. Lions- Okudah

4. Giants- Simmons

5. Dolphins- Tua

6. Chargers-Herbert 

7. Panthers- Derrick Brown

8. Cardinals- Jedrick Wills

9. Jaguars- Ceedee Lamb

10. Browns- Andrew Thomas 

Skipping to Cowboys at 17. CJ Henderson makes the most sense here. However, if he is gone I think they go after K'Lavon Chaisson the edge rusher from LSU. If they are both gone, they trade back and draft  CB Trevon Diggs from Bama or CB Kristian Fulton from LSU.

I'm bored, I might add further mock draft picks later in the week. Thoughts?

What does Dallas do at 17?

Option A) Hope to heck CJ Henderson falls to 17. Henderson is CB2 and the better player than Chaisson imho. Dallas should worry about Atlanta at 16 having basically the same needs. 

Option B) K’Lavon Chaisson is the EDGE2 in this class. This isn’t a very good edge class and gets worse the longer the draft goes on. Dallas could still get quality secondary help on day 2. Same can’t be said for the edge. Take Chaisson, hope you get anything from Aldon Smith and Randy Gregory and you could possibly have a decent edge rotation across from Tank. 

Option C) Trade down.  It’s very possible both Henderson and Chaisson are gone before 17. This could be the best option for Dallas. Move down and get more picks. Kenneth Murray could be a surprise pick at LB. Jeff Gladney, Trevon Diggs, AJ Terrell could be there at CB. I just can’t see Dallas using a Day 1 or 2 pick on safety until they actually do. Give me a trade back where I grab one of those guys, have a extra 2nd or 3rd rounder to play with. 

Option D) Henderson and Chaisson gone, Dallas can’t trade down from 17. This is the worst option for Dallas. Your two best options are gone. Your ability to move down and get more picks is gone. You just have to pick a guy at 17. 

Thats the options I can imagine happening in two weeks. I’m still working on my big board and my Dallas mock draft. Hopefully I have that done by next weekend.

• Like 1

I have never been a fan of trading down for more pics .... that's how you fill your roster with mediocre talent .... take the best player available that fills a need every time it's your turn .... if you don't draft the best players available, you will be playing against them on Sunday .... tru storie ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

On 4/11/2020 at 7:11 PM, KirtFalcon said:

I have never been a fan of trading down for more pics .... that's how you fill your roster with mediocre talent .... take the best player available that fills a need every time it's your turn .... if you don't draft the best players available, you will be playing against them on Sunday .... tru storie ....

Don’t tell that to the architect of the greatest dynasty in the history of the league. That is pretty much his go to move.