The Smoakhouse Forums

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Queen City is thankful for Prairiland administration for making them look good and showing them how dumb they could have looked. Queen City didn’t even mean it when talking about hiring the basketball

Seems like Prairiland would be perfect place for the Slot T offense. 

From all the dealings I’ve had with Weddle he’s a good dude. I’d think he would do what’s right for all sports. 

I believe he tried to bring big school thoughts to a small town team.  Not playing players both ways and running Argyles style of defense just didn’t work at PL.  I also understand he didn’t have the athletes to win many games but the kids were put in a disadvantage trying to go with his game plans.  Great guy just not a good fit.  Wish him the best.  Great AD for all sports.

17 minutes ago, Hookem73 said:

I believe he tried to bring big school thoughts to a small town team.  Not playing players both ways and running Argyles style of defense just didn’t work at PL.  I also understand he didn’t have the athletes to win many games but the kids were put in a disadvantage trying to go with his game plans.  Great guy just not a good fit.  Wish him the best.  Great AD for all sports.

One way athletes at that level is pretty much impossible 

4 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

? Why

Entitled, don’t want to work, family name determines who is good, participation trophy mentality, no tough love coaching is allowed. Probably not all are like this but overall it is. 

Anyone know where Alex Richters landed? 

He was HC at Prairieland after he left Marshall.

Great guy.  Always wished the best for him.

39 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Anyone know where Alex Richters landed? 

He was HC at Prairieland after he left Marshall.

Great guy.  Always wished the best for him.

Whitney isd if im not mistaken.

2 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

Whitney isd if im not mistaken.

You're correct.  He's the special teams coordinator there.

Good for him. Hope he gets to be a HC again some day.  

12 hours ago, TheShadowKnows said:

Entitled, don’t want to work, family name determines who is good, participation trophy mentality, no tough love coaching is allowed. Probably not all are like this but overall it is. 

I thought they were a farming community for the most part. I wouldn’t think they had that mentality. I have no idea though. 

6 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I thought they were a farming community for the most part. I wouldn’t think they had that mentality. I have no idea though. 

Not that many farming kids... 

On 1/23/2020 at 1:01 PM, TINDERBOX said:

Seems like Prairiland would be perfect place for the Slot T offense. 

Yea could work there. Flex-bone and  the triple option, Wing T, Multiple T offense. Not the place to go air raid. 

On 1/27/2020 at 3:50 PM, Slickarick said:

Yea could work there. Flex-bone and  the triple option, Wing T, Multiple T offense. Not the place to go air raid. 

I thought they were flexbone recently? 

27 minutes ago, ronnyham said:

I thought they were flexbone recently? 

I didn't know much a bout it. A friend of mine went there a little while ago and said the general type of kids they had and I was just using offenses that benefited those types. He was a theater guy so didn't keep up with the sports much. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2020 at 12:52 PM, CrossFace said:

Probably promote assistant coach to head football and promote basketball coach to AD. Probably go from bad to worst when that occurs. 

As someone with no love lost to Prairiland this would make my day to watch them continue to fade into football oblivion. As someone with somewhat of a heart I would feel terrible for the football kids over there.