PRAIRILAND is open

BEARDEDGOAT

30 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

Yes, whoever posted it said they were the BB coach/AD (that had been discussed in other post) and this would be his one and only post about the subject. It went on to say that the concern about other programs (FB) was unnecessary because he wanted ALL the programs to improve and was a big fan of football...the interesting part of the post was his other statement that said he had been offered (and accepted) the AD job and the head FB job had been offered and filled also?? This was Thursday or Friday I believe...maybe someone decided not to take the FB position after all and he had to pull the post or maybe the poster was an imposter?? Not sure...just thought it was a little strange.

I definitely missed that. Crazy. I would assume someone in the district told them to take it down. 

• 2 weeks later...

Queen City is thankful for Prairiland administration for making them look good and showing them how dumb they could have looked. Queen City didn’t even mean it when talking about hiring the basketball coach because they knew better. Queen City of all places knew better. It’s sad even when Queen City is laughing at a town. 

• Like 2
  • LOL! 2

2 hours ago, studath said:

Queen City is thankful for Prairiland administration for making them look good and showing them how dumb they could have looked. Queen City didn’t even mean it when talking about hiring the basketball coach because they knew better. Queen City of all places knew better. It’s sad even when Queen City is laughing at a town. 

They talk about that this year??

26 minutes ago, GoodFellas said:

I must be missing something? QC has 6 wins in 6 seasons with an AD/head football. Prairiland has 6 wins in 5 seasons. Yes, by all means make sure you hire a head football coach to run your program because otherwise it might kill the football program.

I count 12 wins in 5 seasons for Prairiland according to Max Preps....not that it matters.  That is still terrible.

1 hour ago, GoodFellas said:

I must be missing something? QC has 6 wins in 6 seasons with an AD/head football. Prairiland has 6 wins in 5 seasons. Yes, by all means make sure you hire a head football coach to run your program because otherwise it might kill the football program.

According to Max Preps QC has not won a football game since they fired the guy that was HF/HBB. Doesn't look like the basketball team is doing too hot either. Maybe Pland should just let this guy do both. Can't get worse can it. 

On 2/26/2020 at 7:47 AM, studath said:

QC’s AD was literally their basketball coach and head football coach a few years back. So this makes a ton of sense. 

11 hours ago, texas2019 said:

QC’s AD was literally their basketball coach and head football coach a few years back. So this makes a ton of sense. 

I’m referring to this past year when it opened up and some Queen City faithful tried to make a push for them to hire the girls basketball coach as AD. Being the head coach to multiple sports is different. Hats off to that guy for doing it. But hiring someone with no tie to football in Texas as AD can’t help but think you have given up on your program. 

2 hours ago, studath said:

I’m referring to this past year when it opened up and some Queen City faithful tried to make a push for them to hire the girls basketball coach as AD. Being the head coach to multiple sports is different. Hats off to that guy for doing it. But hiring someone with no tie to football in Texas as AD can’t help but think you have given up on your program. 

Weddle will most likely coach the D-Line, Receivers, and call the Defense occasionally. That’s what he’s done in years past there. 

If Alex Richters cannot win there nobody can.  He was doing everything right for every program.  Worked the kids hard and was sound on offense and defense.   Some places just do not want to win.  That's ok. The good programs need Homecoming Opponents.   The community has the exact athletic program they deserve.  I hope they enjoy their new coach until they run him off.  If they want to know what is wrong there the locals need to go look in the mirror.

On 2/28/2020 at 9:33 AM, studath said:

That would be a great plan.  Because SO many winning programs in Texas have the Girls BB Coach as the AD.  LOL  My God what is in the water in some of these communities?