Dez Bryant back to the Cowboys

Get rid of a old player and replace him with a player who last played in the NFL in 2017? Don’t get me wrong, I like Dez. Dez wasn’t as bad as some folks made him out to be. Right now, I just can’t see Dez coming onto this team and helping. Blake Jarwin wasted a year behind a done Witten when we coulda seen what he brought to the team in a full time role. Give me the 25 year old kid with future over the guy who may or may not be done.

8 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Get rid of a old player and replace him with a player who last played in the NFL in 2017? Don’t get me wrong, I like Dez. Dez wasn’t as bad as some folks made him out to be. Right now, I just can’t see Dez coming onto this team and helping. Blake Jarwin wasted a year behind a done Witten when we coulda seen what he brought to the team in a full time role. Give me the 25 year old kid with future over the guy who may or may not be done.

I say let em try out. You aren't obligated to sign . The risk is very low if your expectations are somewhat rational. I think he might wanna call it a career.

• Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1

There is a thread on this somewhere, but I don't feel like looking it up.  As I said in it, Dez wasn't a Garrett guy.  I don't know if he has anything left, but I would give him a tryout, and if he could help the team give him the league minimum.  I don't think he's going to be playing anywhere else.  I also would not doubt that the money is drying up knowing his spending habits from other news reports of the past.  

If he still has the skills/speed as before the injury, with a good attitude, he would be a good 3rd or 4th receiver.  A happy/satisfied pre-injury Dez would have put up decent numbers being defended by weaker DB’s and/or no double teams.  
That being said, I bet he has lost a step. 

2 hours ago, cotton84 said:

If he still has the skills/speed as before the injury, with a good attitude, he would be a good 3rd or 4th receiver.  A happy/satisfied pre-injury Dez would have put up decent numbers being defended by weaker DB’s and/or no double teams.  
That being said, I bet he has lost a step. 

Bleacher Report has a video of him working out.  Looks as if he hasn’t lost much.  Dez has always been haunted as a terrible route runner.  

On 1/23/2020 at 7:41 PM, DaveTV1 said:

There is a thread on this somewhere, but I don't feel like looking it up.  As I said in it, Dez wasn't a Garrett guy.  I don't know if he has anything left, but I would give him a tryout, and if he could help the team give him the league minimum.  I don't think he's going to be playing anywhere else.  I also would not doubt that the money is drying up knowing his spending habits from other news reports of the past.  

One of the commenters on The Star said McCarty wanted him at Green Bay. I don't know if that still holds true or not. I had never heard that. Only time will tell.

On 1/23/2020 at 7:41 PM, DaveTV1 said:

Maybe page 12??

21 hours ago, TTman7 said:

I'd MAYBE sign him on a 1-yr prove it deal. Veteran minimum with maybe a few performance incentives. And NO guaranteed money or signing bonus. 

He'd have to make the team first.  I'm unsure if he could do that, but I would give him a tryout.  He's basically stayed out of trouble since 2012, and maybe he's matured.  He's only 31, and while I don't expect him to be in the league for any longer than three years.  He lost out on his prime with his Achilles injury at the age of 29.  I see him as a potential #3 that could be used in the slot if he's willing to go over the middle.  He might not at his age.  That would be the only way.  At the league minimum he would only be paid $915,000.   https://www.fantasypros.com/2019/07/fantasy-football-at-what-age-does-a-wide-receiver-decline-2019/

9 minutes ago, topher805 said:

We're good in Houston...Seems to me like Dallas may be struggling a little more on the edges than those guys down I-45...

Is Will Fuller coming back at $10.162 million ?  You're happy with Kenny Stills and Keke Coutee ?  I'd take Amari, Gallup, and Dez over that.  

43 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

Is Will Fuller coming back at $10.162 million ?  You're happy with Kenny Stills and Keke Coutee ?  I'd take Amari, Gallup, and Dez over that.  

I don't know what is going to happen with Will Fuller, but I would't pick up his option. His durability isn't reliable. A walk to the locker room could put him out for three weeks with a hamstring strain. I think you can find a speedster that can take the top off the defense with this year's free agents (Robby Anderson)..I'm good with Stills, Deandre Hopkins, and some combination of Jordan Akins/Jordan Thomas/Darren Fells...

Is Amari coming back? I'm guessing he will demand $20+ million...

On 1/26/2020 at 7:08 PM, DaveTV1 said:

He'd have to make the team first.  I'm unsure if he could do that, but I would give him a tryout.  He's basically stayed out of trouble since 2012, and maybe he's matured.  He's only 31, and while I don't expect him to be in the league for any longer than three years.  He lost out on his prime with his Achilles injury at the age of 29.  I see him as a potential #3 that could be used in the slot if he's willing to go over the middle.  He might not at his age.  That would be the only way.  At the league minimum he would only be paid $915,000.   https://www.fantasypros.com/2019/07/fantasy-football-at-what-age-does-a-wide-receiver-decline-2019/

Slot receivers that go over the middle tend to be the smaller, quicker type receivers like Edelman or Welker ... Bryant has never been that type even in his prime.  Bryant, to me, was more of a middle range possession type of receiver that excelled based on his ability to go get and fight for the ball.  He really didn't have the speed to outrun many people and ran terrible routes.  He depended on his size and physical ability.  Even if he could still play, he's just too much of a distraction to waste a slot on in my opinion ...

On 1/23/2020 at 10:30 AM, Champ1000 said:

Couldn't hurt especially with Garrett gone. Dallas could sign him for a cheap team friendly deal. If your aren't expecting a #1 reciever which he really never was then I could see Dallas taking a chance. 

I'm curious as to what you consider a #1 WR...