Worst Football Jobs in Texas for coaches

DwightSchrute

1 minute ago, centex1 said:

Painting the field cause it #### 

witnessed a couple of major cuss fights due to painting the field...with that crew painting the field was a highlight of the work week...especially when one cat put the "3" backwards

• LOL! 1

28 minutes ago, DwightSchrute said:

Agreed but I meant along the lines of what schools (programs). Why — admin, community, budget, facilities... That’s a good reason why tho. 

This thread is to give guys an idea of different programs.

And IF you feel you should respond to this, keep it to FACTS.......and this thread will remain up.......don't come on here to air your dirty laundry or it will go.....

From the rules of this site about rumors and bashing:

The following will not be tolerated: 

* The intentional bashing or personal and vindictive criticism of any
particular school, sports program, coach, player, referee, school board (as
a whole or per member), private individual, etc..., whether it be involving
personal lives, coaching/playing style or performance, past experiences,
etc....You have the right an opinion or the ability to comment, but do not
try and personally ridicule any of the above.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DwightSchrute said:

Agreed but I meant along the lines of what schools (programs). Why — admin, community, budget, facilities... That’s a good reason why tho. 

This thread is to give guys an idea of different programs.

1. Scranton High School

2. Schrute  Farms Charter school. 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, AlvinMack said:

EC2D4C12-ACB2-4E5A-8C0F-5115C59CBE61.jpeg

So looking at this chart, the longest losing streaks in each classification are:

6A El Paso Socorro

5A FW Carter Riverside

4A Krum

3A Queen City

2A Boys Ranch

I would consider these to be the worst jobs in the state based off of these facts.

If I was one of the schools on this list this would the only thing I look at for non-district games for the next 2 years

On 1/24/2020 at 5:39 PM, Champ1000 said:

Huntington or quitman any time you go a cycle of kids and not win a game when they're in highschool has got to be pretty bad.

Quitman is pretty high on this list. Bad facilities, field isn't close to campus (grass), athlete pool isn't great, and low pay. No idea about admin or community. 

On 1/24/2020 at 12:15 PM, WestHardinfan1 said:

This thread will be tolerated for a while......keep it under control or it will vanish to the nether regions of smoaky hell........:munch:

Maybe the title should be changed to most "Challenging", instead of worst. The title of this thread comes off as elitism. I find it difficult to identify coaches and programs that are working with the "hand that they have been dealt". You have to admire coaches that take jobs where winning is going to be difficult. I heard a story yesterday of a kid that was living on the street because the mom's boyfriend was threatening him. My understanding is the coach found out and the kid ended up staying with him a couple of days. This is just one of many difficult situations that Texas High school coaches are dealing with on a daily basis. Coaches in these type of situations are "winning" regardless of their won / loss record.

• Thanks 3

48 minutes ago, swaha said:

Maybe the title should be changed to most "Challenging", instead of worst. The title of this thread comes off as elitism. I find it difficult to identify coaches and programs that are working with the "hand that they have been dealt". You have to admire coaches that take jobs where winning is going to be difficult. I heard a story yesterday of a kid that was living on the street because the mom's boyfriend was threatening him. My understanding is the coach found out and the kid ended up staying with him a couple of days. This is just one of many difficult situations that Texas High school coaches are dealing with on a daily basis. Coaches in these type of situations are "winning" regardless of their won / loss record.

We use words like worse becuase they keep score, you stinking hippie 

• Thumbs Down 1

Quitman is probably going to a tough one just going off what I have seen. The only thing they have going for them is that they have some periods of winning tradition. However, the facilities are old and are in dire need of repair, the school has been shrinking in size, and Quitman is not in a growing area where people are going to move to, it is one of those "established" small towns. 

Quitman can win though, just going to take some time. 

50 minutes ago, RagnarLothbrok said:

Austin Eastside, Bartlett, Bloomington, Burkeville, Colmesneil, Grape Creek, Frost, Houston Scarborough, Louise, Olney, Plains, Ranger, Runge, Sabinal, Somerville, Woodsboro

at least Burkville had a state championship and went again in 2000. Bartlett Has 2 been 3 times. Ranger has 1 a long time ago. Runge went to one. Besides those the rest i agree with. Maybe, also,  Sabine pass and Tarkington 

• Like 1