Worst Football Jobs in Texas for coaches

DwightSchrute

Spring Hill has had a tremendous run of bad luck when it comes to keeping a HC/AD! Too much pressure from the community, low pay, not enough support from the general public, and the inability to accept transfers from other schools have hurt them for so long! 

28 minutes ago, Panther89 said:

Spring Hill has had a tremendous run of bad luck when it comes to keeping a HC/AD! Too much pressure from the community, low pay, not enough support from the general public, and the inability to accept transfers from other schools have hurt them for so long! 

Hopefully the community has rallied around Louvier and will give him the support he needs for the Panthers to be successful on the football field.  That really should be a good job.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 1:26 PM, AlvinMack said:

EC2D4C12-ACB2-4E5A-8C0F-5115C59CBE61.jpeg

I spent a year at one of the schools on this list a few years ago when they were riding a 27 game losing streak...I was stoked because it was my first coaching job and was hired just a couple weeks before 2adays. But, I could tell almost instantly why coaches didn't stay very long. 

37 minutes ago, ronnyham said:

Loser mentality at most these places. Hard to change it 

Yes this is true. Its almost in the community and growing up its ok to lose because we always have lost.. That is the single hardest thing to change. Mindset and Culture. The right guy in the Right town you never know. look at pine tree now. Guy has done a hell of a job. 

I could imagine the worst jobs would be coaching at the smallest schools that play 11 man football. Never knowing if you were going to have enough players to fill a squad until school starts and even then, I've seen seasons over with the loss of 1 or 2 players in those small schools.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WildcatPride said:

How come Whitehouse isn’t on this list anymore?   Consensus on SDC then was Coach McFarlin couldn’t win at Whitehouse; they didn’t have the Jimmy’s and the Joe’s; just a basketball school.  
😉

Yep. Mcfarlin brought life to the program then was done dirty 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2020 at 12:41 PM, TheLionWire said:

Quitman is probably going to a tough one just going off what I have seen. The only thing they have going for them is that they have some periods of winning tradition. However, the facilities are old and are in dire need of repair, the school has been shrinking in size, and Quitman is not in a growing area where people are going to move to, it is one of those "established" small towns. 

Quitman can win though, just going to take some time. 

I would run the wing-t with quitman 

On 1/28/2020 at 12:41 PM, TheLionWire said:

Quitman is probably going to a tough one just going off what I have seen. The only thing they have going for them is that they have some periods of winning tradition. However, the facilities are old and are in dire need of repair, the school has been shrinking in size, and Quitman is not in a growing area where people are going to move to, it is one of those "established" small towns. 

Quitman can win though, just going to take some time. 

Carthage hasn’t grown in 40 years. Just saying..