Crawford's Delbert Kelm Resigns...

Smoaky

11 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

To me whether he was fired or resigned could play a part in if they are hiring from within or not. A successful program like that, you almost expect them to. But if there are other issues going on,  the maybe not. 

I'll be stunned if they dont hire from within

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Bullhead44 said:

Delbert may be a little too old school for today's parents.   Good guy and a hell of coach though

I think you hit the nail on the head...and yes he is a great guy and great coach. Not many schools can say they have had only two head coaches in 28 years and have been competitive every year!! Including a couple of state championships, I believe!!

I also would be very shocked if they went outside for this hire. Great place to coach and live, some of the hardest working kids you will ever see...winning and hard work is expected for both the girls and guys programs in all sports. 

Another reason why I'd be shocked they go outside is the pay is pretty crappy and the district from what I've heard may not have the budget to hire a new coach...so they may just stay inside give the guy who gets the job a raise and not backfill the role...

38 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Another reason why I'd be shocked they go outside is the pay is pretty crappy and the district from what I've heard may not have the budget to hire a new coach...so they may just stay inside give the guy who gets the job a raise and not backfill the role...

They have a couple of guys on staff with impressive resumes. 

6 hours ago, MattStepp said:

This is one job that a lot of very good coaches would love to have regardless of the "crappy pay" as you put it...if that's even true... hiring from within has worked pretty well for them, so more than likely that would be a deciding factor for the direction they go. This is a great place to work in an area of the state that many would love to live in.

6 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

This is one job that a lot of very good coaches would love to have regardless of the "crappy pay" as you put it...if that's even true... hiring from within has worked pretty well for them, so more than likely that would be a deciding factor for the direction they go. This is a great place to work in an area of the state that many would love to live in.

The worst jobs in the state get several dozen applicants, guys will always look for a head coaching gig...Crawford will win football games, but the pay is poor if the HFC/AD is making less than 80k that's not great....it is what it is

On 1/30/2020 at 8:27 AM, ScrappyDappyDoo said:

They have a couple of guys on staff with impressive resumes. 

They could hire their HS Principal for the job and keep the budget down that way lol.  He was a pretty decent coach/ad back in the day.

19 hours ago, MattStepp said:

The worst jobs in the state get several dozen applicants, guys will always look for a head coaching gig...Crawford will win football games, but the pay is poor if the HFC/AD is making less than 80k that's not great....it is what it is

Yes, the "worst jobs in the state" draw lots of applicants...that's not what I said...I said there would be a large number of GOOD coaches that would like to have this job because of the location and quality of kids they will work with...and yes, it is what it is...a pretty good job for the right person.

1 hour ago, blesseddaily said:

Yes, the "worst jobs in the state" draw lots of applicants...that's not what I said...I said there would be a large number of GOOD coaches that would like to have this job because of the location and quality of kids they will work with...and yes, it is what it is...a pretty good job for the right person.

We'll never know because this isn't getting posted but with AD...total inside hire

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Yes the key is going to be replacing the spot on staff...not fun to operate one coach short..

No doubt that replacing someone of Coach Kelm's  abilities and leadership will be tough...I thought the same thing when they replaced Coach Murphy but they never missed a beat. Wish them well, we still have some good friends there, hope they can continue their success in all their programs.