Why Are People So STUPID?!

88YoePride

People are caught up in the emotion of this loss. If LeBron were to die in a tragic accident next year, I think you would see a similar reaction because he is still an active player. Bird or Jordan? Nope. Kobe is hitting harder than most because he is the guy that bridged old school NBA with the current league. It is because of his attachment to his daughter and the father/mentor/coach role he embraced. He was very active in retirement and played for the marquee team in the NBA. 

There are things they can do as a tribute to Kobe. I saw one suggesting at the All-Star game one team wears #24 and the other wear #8. I don't think the league should retire his number, but teams can have the option to if they want...

19 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

As I stated yesterday in the thread on his death I have seen more media response, and social media reaction to his death than any other public figure in my lifetime.  I actually didn't realize there were that many Kobe fans.  I realize that I haven't lived in areas that were huge Laker fans.  I've seen more people wear Jordan gear than any other NBA player.  I saw that Nike had pulled all of his merchandise from their online store, and I think that was a terrible business decision.  As we've seen with other celebrity deaths after they pass away their albums start selling again.  Even with the great musicians that have passed away in my lifetime only John Lennon and Prince reached #1 shortly after they died.  John with "Double Fantasy" and Prince with "The Very Best of Prince". 

24 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

As I stated yesterday in the thread on his death I have seen more media response, and social media reaction to his death than any other public figure in my lifetime.  I actually didn't realize there were that many Kobe fans.  I realize that I haven't lived in areas that were huge Laker fans.  I've seen more people wear Jordan gear than any other NBA player.  I saw that Nike had pulled all of his merchandise from their online store, and I think that was a terrible business decision.  As we've seen with other celebrity deaths after they pass away their albums start selling again.  Even with the great musicians that have passed away in my lifetime only John Lennon and Prince reached #1 shortly after they died.  John with "Double Fantasy" and Prince with "The Very Best of Prince". 

Heard on the news that Nike stated they did not pull Kobe's merchandise  ... they said it all sold out in no time and hustlers were trying to resell it for 4 or 5 times the original price ...

13 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Heard on the news that Nike stated they did not pull Kobe's merchandise  ... they said it all sold out in no time and hustlers were trying to resell it for 4 or 5 times the original price ...

I can see that.  It makes me wonder how Nike will put them back on the shelves, because at the present time it's a hot commodity, and why capitalism works.  The thing is Nike does a lot of their production with slave labor.