UIL District Realignment Day

RETIREDFAN1

12 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Wow how is Longview in a district with Sherman 

There's only 3 East Texas teams in 5A D1.

Longview, John Tyler and Lufkin.

I'm a little surprised they didn't send Sherman with the Frisco/Denton schools, but that district is already 9 deep so somewhat makes the most sense.

Just glad they didn't send us down to Houston.

• Like 1

Never ceases to amaze me the UIL does.

District 10 4ADII

Carthage

Jasper

Rusk

Center

Shepherd 

And of course Madisonville.  Duh the obvious great choice to fill the district with😲

Carthage have fun making that 2 and half to 3 hour drive (close to 150 miles one way)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JasperDawg said:

District 10 4ADII

Carthage

Jasper

Rusk

Center

Shepherd 

And of course Madisonville.  Duh the obvious great choice to fill the district with😲

Carthage have fun making that 2 and half to 3 hour drive (close to 150 miles one way)

Carthage got them nice buses. They’ll be alright. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

24 minutes ago, JasperDawg said:

District 10 4ADII

Carthage

Jasper

Rusk

Center

Shepherd 

I'm thinking if Paris North Lamar hadn't dropped to Div 2, Carthage would have ended up in District 8 instead

33 minutes ago, JasperDawg said:

District 10 4ADII

Carthage

Jasper

Rusk

Center

Shepherd 

Madisonville would have been better off going south and southwest. Also, there are no 5 team districts in Regions 3 and 4, maybe that was the goal of the UIL.

5 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

That really helped the Panthers!  I never thought they would put PG and Carthage in same district or Region.

I-20 tends to be the boundary the UIL uses for districts and regions. I never would have guessed that Madisonville would have been with Carthage and Center. I thought it would have been a 5 team district.

5 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

That it did, but a district of Carthage, PG and Gilmer would have been something! 

True but you will still see those games since they are not in same district or region.  All three struggling to fill schedules so this should lock in home/home as they have last few years.

28 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Jr High travel to Madisonville & Shepherd on Thursday is not going to be fun at all.

Would not be surprised if the schools agree not to play, and try to find a closer school to fill in that slot.  Carthage and Center could even end up playing each other twice.