UIL District Realignment Day

RETIREDFAN1

7 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Maybe they dont have any open dates? 

I doubt it but to their defense both are in a seven team district so won't be as big of a deal. I would schedule at least one difficult one. Bulldogs and Lions should always play. It's like splitting Gladewater and Gilmer just aint right

Guest Tiger03lb
38 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Y’all not wanting to win many games? 👀

I was surprised to see this schedule. I like it. I'm just happy that we are in a better district, honestly. It'll get us ready for Fairfield for sure. I'm sure they'll be the favorite to win. We got 2 better opponents, imo. 

I see it being 

Fairfield

Koff

Teague 

GB

4 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

Never ceases to amaze me the UIL does.

District 10 4ADII

Carthage

Jasper

Rusk

Center

Shepherd 

And of course Madisonville.  Duh the obvious great choice to fill the district with😲

Carthage have fun making that 2 and half to 3 hour drive (close to 150 miles one way)

Yep..., for games that won't even be competitive.  We've been there, done that.  It stinks.  Just load up the predistrict with some tough competition so the team can face at least a little adversity at times.

9 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Yea wished we could of kept Carthage but I understand u don’t wanna play a team in ur same division just in case U have to see them twice 

But being in a different region y’all wouldn’t see each other till way down the line. 

9 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Very good question.

I bet John King would/would've answered the phone if someone from Carthage would have took the time out and dial him up.

Might’ve answered but doubt that game would be happening anytime soon.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Highland Park complaining and moaning about being in a district with East Texas schools and the UIL bending the knee is the only way it would've happened.

Dude, HP complained about being put in a district with Plano in the '78-'79. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

But being in a different region y’all wouldn’t see each other till way down the line. 

I'd do it if it meant playing a full schedule.

Years ago 2 teams played each other twice on their schedules to play 10 games. Once in pre-district and once in district.

It's hard to remember who now but maybe Weatherford or Mansfiled.