UIL District Realignment Day

RETIREDFAN1

1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

Cornerstone recruits like hell.....they recruit to the point they were basically kicked out of TAPPS 

Saw where they are playing Cameron Yoe also........Yoe is normally really good for their classification but they can’t compete with Carthage. 
So Cornerstone will be either stepping up to play Carthage or stepping down to play Yoe. 

22 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Saw where they are playing Cameron Yoe also........Yoe is normally really good for their classification but they can’t compete with Carthage. 
So Cornerstone will be either stepping up to play Carthage or stepping down to play Yoe. 

They will be stepping up for Carthage.  They will have a couple of dudes that can play, but Carthage will beat them with the Jimmy’s & Joe’s.  Dawgs by 35.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2020 at 4:14 PM, cotton84 said:

Cornerstone will also be play Yoe in Yoe both years and thats one tough place to play.... Some great players have came from Cameron just like Carthage.... Now im not sayin yoe could beat carthage but what im sayin is cornerstone will have to play pretty well to beat yoe at home.... Also what helps cornerstone is cameron will be young but usually reloads well

17 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Argyle's new 4A-D1 district will have 7 teams......so only 4 nondistrict games as follows:

8/29   Nolan Catholic in Allen(Tom Landry Classic)

9/4     Pleasant Grove

9/11   Celina

9/18    La Vega

9/25    Bye Week

Dang Regaleagle 

Argyle playing a very tough pre-district. 
we all know how good LeVega is going to be. 
PG will bring back three DI D linemen. 
Celina always plays hard. 
what can you tell us about Nolan. 

On 2/7/2020 at 1:38 AM, regaleagle said:

Argyle's new 4A-D1 district will have 7 teams......so only 4 nondistrict games as follows:

9/4     Pleasant Grove

9/11   Celina

9/18    La Vega

9/25    Bye Week

Top-notch pre-district schedule right there.

On 2/7/2020 at 7:40 PM, cowboyandchrist said:

Dang Regaleagle 

Fort Worth Nolan Catholic is a perennial Division I TAPPS contender most years.  They went 11-1 last year, their only loss in the playoffs to eventual State Finalist John Paul II.  They won State titles in TAPPS Division 1 in 2011 and 2012, but lost in 2010 to Prestonwood Christian in the final 38-35.  They have had some down years after that run, but appear to be back in form again.  If memory serves me correctly, I believe Argyle's record against Nolan Catholic is either (2-0) or (3-0).  Seems like the contests were close, but I don't think Nolan Catholic has ever defeated Argyle in football.  They usually have a good throwing QB and some good players.

On 2/7/2020 at 7:40 PM, cowboyandchrist said:

Dang Regaleagle 

PG will have the big 3 on the D Line but don’t forget about the D1 LB.    He will be the best player on the field every game that PG plays.   PG will be in the finals again next year.   They will meet up with Carthage for a re match of week 6.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

PG will have the big 3 on the D Line but don’t forget about the D1 LB.    He will be the best player on the field every game that PG plays.   PG will be in the finals again next year.   They will meet up with Carthage for a re match of week 6.  

I thought number 6 was a senior. 
I remember coach Surratt said he was the best players on PG’s team. 
wow, they will be good again. 

3 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

I know PG will be good on defense.  How do you think the offense will be? Who is in line to be qb?

20 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

I know PG will be good on defense.  How do you think the offense will be? Who is in line to be qb?

The Woodside kid will probably be the QB.  He was the back up this year.  Moved over from TISD as a 9th grader.  Will be a Jr.   The O will be good with several backs touching the ball and a  pretty good line up front. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/7/2020 at 1:38 AM, regaleagle said:

9/4     Pleasant Grove

9/11   Celina

9/18    La Vega

9/25    Bye Week

That is a nasty, nasty schedule. Nolan Catholic was a very good team a season ago. I'm not sure what they bring back, but they'll probably be good enough to hang with Argyle. That week two matchup with the Hawks will be a blast. Glad the Bobcats and Eagles are keeping their thing going, even though Celina dropped back to Div. II. And you follow that up with a team the Eagles will probably see in the playoffs down the road AGAIN. Brutal pre-district. The Eagles will be tested in those matchups, that's for sure.

51 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

That is a nasty, nasty schedule. Nolan Catholic was a very good team a season ago. I'm not sure what they bring back, but they'll probably be good enough to hang with Argyle. That week two matchup with the Hawks will be a blast. Glad the Bobcats and Eagles are keeping their thing going, even though Celina dropped back to Div. II. And you follow that up with a team the Eagles will probably see in the playoffs down the road AGAIN. Brutal pre-district. The Eagles will be tested in those matchups, that's for sure.

It's very possible Argyle COULD be 0-4 or 1-3 going into district play in 2020.  Don't think that has EVER happened.....not sure Argyle has ever suffered more losses than wins in predistrict play before.  I don't ever recall that happening in their history in football, but it could happen in the 2020 season.  Let's just say the chances are very good for that to happen against this kind of schedule.

17 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Carthage’s week 6 visit to Pleasant Grove could be indicative of what we may see at the very end of the season at AT&T!

Last year game was epic this year game I believe be same but I think it could possibly happen just imagining all East Texas State Game wow Jerry World would be packed come that game can't miss game 

• Like 1