'The Senate Is Dead' Wikipedia Page

BarryLaverty

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/senate-wikipedia-died-trump-impeachment-trial-141349585.html  Pretty good stuff. 

After the GOP lawmakers’ move effectively ensured Trump’s acquittal over the Ukraine scandal, a moderator called Flyboyrob2112 edited the Senate’s lengthy page introduction to just read:

The United States Senate was formerly the upper chamber of the United States Congress, which, along with the United States House of Representatives ― the lower chamber ― comprised the legislature of the United States. It died on January 31, 2020, when senators from the Republican Party refused to stand up to a corrupt autocrat calling himself the president of the United States, refusing to hear testimony that said individual blackmailed Ukraine in order to cheat in the 2020 presidential election.

• Stinks 1

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/senate-wikipedia-died-trump-impeachment-trial-141349585.html  Pretty good stuff. 

After the GOP lawmakers’ move effectively ensured Trump’s acquittal over the Ukraine scandal, a moderator called Flyboyrob2112 edited the Senate’s lengthy page introduction to just read:

The United States Senate was formerly the upper chamber of the United States Congress, which, along with the United States House of Representatives ― the lower chamber ― comprised the legislature of the United States. It died on January 31, 2020, when senators from the Republican Party refused to stand up to a corrupt autocrat calling himself the president of the United States, refusing to hear testimony that said individual blackmailed Ukraine in order to cheat in the 2020 presidential election.

05C70C6C-6F74-4AC7-A403-15F8F5FC6478.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

I have a thought exercise for you, Barry.

You're a member of, and/or support a political party. You don't know which one.

The President, whose party you also don't know, has done what Trump has been accused of.

What do you do?

Impeach him and remove him from office, and I wouldn't have stopped at just two Articles of Impeachment. 

• Stinks 2

4 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Impeach him and remove him from office, and I wouldn't have stopped at just two Articles of Impeachment. 

The Three Stooges( Pelosi, Schiff,& Nads) couldn’t even get Two Articles passed; what makes you think they could have gotten more ? & Yes, I know Skelitore isn’t a Senator, but she is more in charge than Schumer.

5 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

what Trump has been accused of.

I wouldn't have stopped at Ukraine. They were too narrow and focused and too dignified, really, but I was answering his hypothetical.

Are you saying that you wouldn't have supported the impeachment effort if Obama had been accused of it? 

• Stinks 1

11 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

This does mean that the possibility exists that you could convict and remove the President of your own party. Hence the experiment.

As long as you're aware of that. 

8 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

This does mean that the possibility exists that you could convict and remove the President of your own party. Hence the experiment.

As long as you're aware of that. 

I would have been fine with Clinton being removed, and I would certainly approve of a removal of any POTUS who had done the numerous things Trump has done.

Is this that ridiculous hypothetical floated out there by Joni Ernst about Biden? If so, good for them to stay after something not remotely the same or actionable in any way, shape or form. 

• Stinks 2

22 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I would have been fine with Clinton being removed, and I would certainly approve of a removal of any POTUS who had done the numerous things Trump has done.

Is this that ridiculous hypothetical floated out there by Joni Ernst about Biden? If so, good for them to stay after something not remotely the same or actionable in any way, shape or form. 

It's somewhat of an application of the veil of ignorance. Which is what I think they're doing.

The issue now,  however, is that the House has openly said that impeachment is whatever they want it to be. Though the Constitution does basically support that premise, do you really want to have a President who can be impeached because the other party thinks they are using too many EOs and therefore are abusing their power?

And don't you find it at least a bit ironic that the same Democrats complaining about not having witnesses  (i.e. Schumer) were saying no witnesses during Clinton's impeachment?

10 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Clinton should have been impeached over a half dozen other offenses/crimes besides perjury and suborning perjury .... he sold critical classified missile technology to the Chinese just for starters .... not to mention his corrupt wife ....

hillary-10.jpeg?w=560&h=460

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Posted this on FB a few minutes ago.   It sums up this whole theatrical Impeachment.

CE659B71-4915-4F91-99F0-FEE7017A9253.jpeg

This whole thing has been about a Whole lot more than “cheating”; These Democrats know that the Supreme Court, stacked with Conservative Justices for Decades will foil all of their “binary” transgender plans, along with their “free everything for everybody”.... The Democrat Party is desperate for the win, & will pull out Every Stop to achieve their Communist goals.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

This whole thing has been about a Whole lot more than “cheating”; These Democrats know that the Supreme Court, stacked with Conservative Justices for Decades will foil all of their “binary” transgender plans, along with their “free everything for everybody”.... The Democrat Party is desperate for the win, & will pull out Every Stop to achieve their Communist goals.

They're already setting up the "we lost because he cheated" thing.

• Like 1

Juvenile Adam Schiff cut downs don't negate that Trump committed impeachable offenses and should have been removed for it. THAT is what is going to be on the Senate, after this is all over. Not that it would be 'too easy' for a POTUS to be impeached, but there isn't a standard where they will be, because of partisan politics. 

1 minute ago, BarryLaverty said:

Juvenile Adam Schiff cut downs don't negate that Trump committed impeachable offenses and should have been removed for it. THAT is what is going to be on the Senate, after this is all over. Not that it would be 'too easy' for a POTUS to be impeached, but there isn't a standard where they will be, because of partisan politics. 

Chaffetz blasts Adam Schiff for impeachment 'failure:' 'I do not understand why he has a security clearance'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/chaffetz-adam-schiff-impeachment-failure-security-clearance

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

I’m still amazed that someone actually thinks Trump committed treasonable offenses.   After a gaggle of Lawyers, several Of them Constitutional Lawyers (One a Hillary supporter and life long democrat) explained why it wasn’t impeachable, you’d think everyone would know it wasn’t.  I guess there are some who think Schiff & Nadler, or they themselves, are smarter.  Guess it’s the same bunch that thinks the earth is flat.  Well my, my, my.

50 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I’m still amazed that someone actually thinks Trump committed treasonable offenses.   After a gaggle of Lawyers, several Of them Constitutional Lawyers (One a Hillary supporter and life long democrat) explained why it wasn’t impeachable, you’d think everyone would know it wasn’t.  I guess there are some who think Schiff & Nadler, or they themselves, are smarter.  Guess it’s the same bunch that thinks the earth is flat.  Well my, my, my.

You know that both sides had a 'gaggle of lawyers', as those who testified spelled out very carefully and clearly what the actions were and why they were impeachable, while the Trump team relied on avoidance and obfuscation of actually having witnesses testify, right? There was no explanation given on why it wasn't impeachable, other than Dershowitz' craziness that Trump could do what he wanted, because he considered himself basically above law while doing the Lord's work for us all. They just pointed at Democrats or repeated cliches. How that is beyond your grasp is just utterly shocking to me. Why, you didn't strike me as having partisan blinders on, at all. (Cough, cough...)

17 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

You know that both sides had a 'gaggle of lawyers', as those who testified spelled out very carefully and clearly what the actions were and why they were impeachable, while the Trump team relied on avoidance and obfuscation of actually having witnesses testify, right? There was no explanation given on why it wasn't impeachable, other than Dershowitz' craziness that Trump could do what he wanted, because he considered himself basically above law while doing the Lord's work for us all. They just pointed at Democrats or repeated cliches. How that is beyond your grasp is just utterly shocking to me. Why, you didn't strike me as having partisan blinders on, at all. (Cough, cough...)

Lol, (cough, cough).  😂😂😂

But tell me, how many of the Dem Lawyers were unbiased Republicans, who voted for Trump?   Remember, one of Trump’s Lawyers is a life long Democrat and voted for Hillary.   That would lend weight to his remarks, which were based on Law and not partisanship.  This whole Sham has been a partisan hack job and partisan defense.   Dershowitz appears to be one of the very few who put Law above partisan politics.  

I’ll wait for your response on the Lawyers.   There actually may be some, but I’m not aware of any.