The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nick2011

**9-3A DIVISION 2**

What’s y’all early predictions on how this district will shape up? 

West Rusk

Harmony

Arp

Troup

Winona

Grand Saline

Quitman

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

22869C3D-F211-4333-9025-1BFD0A03E009.jpeg

Nick where's EF ?

1 minute ago, TDJ89 said:

Nick where's EF ?

C8175389-0E57-4CC0-9D33-EF2C08AEEB6B.jpeg

• Thanks 2

Not a bad district. More haves than have nots in this new lineup. Can’t remember the last time Harmony and West Rusk were district rivals, maybe the Reggie Van Zandt years? Should be a good 5 team battle for 4 playoff spots.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stoney said:

Not a bad district. More haves than have nots in this new lineup. Can’t remember the last time Harmony and West Rusk were district rivals, maybe the Reggie Van Zandt years? Should be a good 5 team battle for 4 playoff spots.

I agree with you this district should be competitive for the most part! 

• Like 2

What you think about it @JETT

West Rusk should be the early favorite in my opinion. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

West Rusk should be the early favorite in my opinion. 

We will see... We are losing some good players to graduation but have a lot of younger talent to fill their shoes 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick2011 said:

West Rusk

Harmony

Arp

Troup

Winona

Grand Saline

Quitman

Poor Arp. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Tiger1995 said:

Poor Arp. lol

Why you say that? Lol

• Like 2

Just now, Nick2011 said:

Why you say that? Lol

Smallest school by far in the district. WR and Harmony will be 1 & 2. WR's number and Harmony's number will be way higher than every else on Day 1. GS, Winona, Troup and Arp are basically playing in a different district within the district. That's just being realistic.  All 4 are going to try like hell to knock WR and Harmony off though. Personally I think the district will be very exciting to be a part of. Very competitive. Arp will be decent next year, Troup will be even better than last year, Winona is always athletic and plays hard nose football, Grand Saline is going to try to be big men in little shoes and give it hell. Quitman well.....who knows...

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

What you think about it @JETT

Harmony 

WR

You can flip those honestly 

The rest is up for grabs honestly with the exception of quitman 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

Smallest school by far in the district. WR and Harmony will be 1 & 2. WR's number and Harmony's number will be way higher than every else on Day 1. GS, Winona, Troup and Arp are basically playing in a different district within the district. That's just being realistic.  All 4 are going to try like hell to knock WR and Harmony off though. Personally I think the district will be very exciting to be a part of. Very competitive. Arp will be decent next year, Troup will be even better than last year, Winona is always athletic and plays hard nose football, Grand Saline is going to try to be big men in little shoes and give it hell. Quitman well.....who knows...

I agree 100,%

51 minutes ago, ReppinBeastTexas903 said:

west rusk will dominate this district 

They wont dominate harmony, maybe the rest of us.... as long as coach Russell is there they will compete 

• Like 1

We are losing some talented athletes this year so IDK what to expect out of our boyz, but we will show up anyway 

• Like 1

I’m not sure what Harmony has coming up the pipeline. I think the QB and RB were Seniors. Not sure how many at the skill positions or o-line. Same with the defense. I’ve been out of the loop the last two years.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

WR will be young next year but the future is bright. I think this district will be competitive outside of Quitman. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JETT said:

They wont dominate harmony, maybe the rest of us.... as long as coach Russell is there they will compete 

I agree, I don’t think any team will “dominate,” this district. I will say that WR playing against teams like Tatum, Gladewater, Atlanta, and Jefferson the last few years should help them. I hope they have some of those teams on their pre district schedule. It will only make them better. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I’m not sure what Harmony has coming up the pipeline. I think the QB and RB were Seniors. Not sure how many at the skill positions or o-line. Same with the defense. I’ve been out of the loop the last two years.

Harmony is always competitive so I expect nothing less from them. 

29 minutes ago, JETT said:

I can agree with this I respect coach Russell always have 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nick2011 said:

I agree, I don’t think any team will “dominate,” this district. I will say that WR playing against teams like Tatum, Gladewater, Atlanta, and Jefferson the last few years should help them. I hope they have some of those teams on their pre district schedule. It will only make them better. 

I agree the past couple years will have yall playin during the holidays this year 

2 minutes ago, JETT said:

I agree the past couple years will have yall playin during the holidays this year 

I hope so! We will be young but all the Freshman and Sophomores that started on varsity last year will have experience. 

46 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

I hope so! We will be young but all the Freshman and Sophomores that started on varsity last year will have experience. 

I'm interested to see the top 10 polls...

GUNTER

CANADIAN

DF

NEWTON

EB

WR

Franklin 

PP

Waskom

EF

This is just a few who will be contenders and make big runs in 2020

And so on and on going to be a fun couple years with new faces...

1 hour ago, JETT said:

I'm interested to see the top 10 polls...

GUNTER

CANADIAN

DF

NEWTON

EB

WR

Franklin 

PP

Waskom

EF

This is just a few who will be contenders and make big runs in 2020

And so on and on going to be a fun couple years with new faces...

Franklin will make some noise immediately after dropping back down! Waskom and EF should be pretty good with what they have returning. I’m not sure how much DF and PP are losing but they were both pretty salty last year and will be competitive again. Newton, EB, Gunter, and Canadian are always good! Hughes Springs also dropped so you can’t count them out. 

Its going to be fun these next 2 years I know that!