*** 6-3A DIVISION 1 ***

Eagleborn

Coach Clower  takes over as Interim AD and Coach Lewis becomes Interim HC. Both are outstanding and would be great going forward.

Thanks to Coach Berry for all he has done. I wish him only the best at Longview. (Of course Kelly has to stay here) 😊

26 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Coach Clower  takes over as Interim AD and Coach Lewis becomes Interim HC. Both are outstanding and would be great going forward.

Thanks to Coach Berry for all he has done. I wish him only the best at Longview. (Of course Kelly has to stay here) 😊

Yeah I was actually thinking of Coach Clower when I said I think we had a great in house replacement. I don’t know if he will want the position but the kids love him and he’s a very good coach. 

4 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Yeah I was actually thinking of Coach Clower when I said I think we had a great in house replacement. I don’t know if he will want the position but the kids love him and he’s a very good coach. 

pretty positive these interim tags will be removed.... if so Coach Lewis will do great IMO.... been through a few high pressure situations in his life, the lack of football HC experience shouldnt be much of an issue.  

28 minutes ago, bearnation said:

pretty positive these interim tags will be removed.... if so Coach Lewis will do great IMO.... been through a few high pressure situations in his life, the lack of football HC experience shouldnt be much of an issue.  

Agree

With this group we have coming back we need coaches that already know the system and have relationships already with the players. I'm sure there are many qualified applicants out there but with all that is going on in the world and questions about when or if there will be football this season, the players need familiarity, especially with their coaches. The boys know Coach Lewis and what he expects from them, but more than that Coach Lewis knows the boys. Their strengths, weaknesses and talents. He will do a great job.

18 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

With this group we have coming back we need coaches that already know the system and have relationships already with the players. I'm sure there are many qualified applicants out there but with all that is going on in the world and questions about when or if there will be football this season, the players need familiarity, especially with their coaches. The boys know Coach Lewis and what he expects from them, but more than that Coach Lewis knows the boys. Their strengths, weaknesses and talents. He will do a great job.

I agree. I think continuity over the next 2 years with this group is important. The talent is there to do great things. I believe Coach Lewis will be a great leader and I have always loved the way Coach Clower worked with the kids. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BuckNut said:

If Gladewater has a real shot to win state why did Berry leave?

Maybe he just couldn't turn down a great opportunity that might not have been available next year. Maybe it's best for him long term. Maybe he would rather coach without AD responsibilities. Maybe he can make just as much as DC at Longview as he did as AD/HFC at Gladewater. Maybe his dream was always to go back to Longview. I'm pretty sure it was a total surprise when he became the AD/HFC at Gladewater. Maybe, being the Christian guy he is, that he was offered the Longview job, prayed about it, and let God lead his decision.

Bottom line is, unless he has told anyone "why" nobody truly knows, but I can assure you it had nothing to do with him not believing that this year's Bear team could possibly make it to state. Besides, we all know it takes more than a great team and great coaches to win a state championship.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rabbs63 said:

I still say GW is the team to beat.  Tatum will get back in the win column against Atlanta.  

GW

Jeff

Tatum

Sabine

Rabs lose a lot?  Going to have a down year?  Don’t know much about yalls team this next year.