**5-3A Division 1**

chevyman

14 hours ago, Blazin97 said:

Realistically it’s looking like Mineola (6-1), Potts (6-1), Winnsboro (5-2),MV (5-2)

Ideally it would be MV (6-1), Minny (6-1), Potts (5-2), Winnsboro (5-2)

I think MV has a chance to beat Potts, but we don’t have a lot of speed in the secondary. Wish we played a receiver or two in the secondary but Briles seems set in his ways. 

Offense 1st....defense 2nd and ya ain't gonna change his mind. Can't be getting his receivers tired on defense lol. 

19 hours ago, Blazin97 said:

Realistically it’s looking like Mineola (6-1), Potts (6-1), Winnsboro (5-2),MV (5-2)

Ideally it would be MV (6-1), Minny (6-1), Potts (5-2), Winnsboro (5-2)

I think MV has a chance to beat Potts, but we don’t have a lot of speed in the secondary. Wish we played a receiver or two in the secondary but Briles seems set in his ways. 

Could it end up Winny (6-1), Potts (5-2), MV (5-2), Minny (5-2)?

2 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Fixed it for ya

Rains could give y’all some problems if you don’t show up. Not sure on the status of their QB and his concussion. Last I heard he had a brain bleed and hasn’t played since 2nd quarter of Potts game. He’s a playmaker.

yall should take care of business, but Rains is good enough to beat you if you have a bad night 

7 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

Rains could give y’all some problems if you don’t show up. Not sure on the status of their QB and his concussion. Last I heard he had a brain bleed and hasn’t played since 2nd quarter of Potts game. He’s a playmaker.

yall should take care of business, but Rains is good enough to beat you if you have a bad night 

Just from what I’ve seen the last 2 games, the Jackets seem to still be ticked off about the MV loss. I really don’t see them having a bad game. They were down 28-7 to Potts and I really though they were not going to be able to come back. But they rallied and fought hard for that win. I wouldn’t  bet against the Jackets right now.

Just from looking at the standings and games this week, it looks like if Mineola beats Rains that either Mt Vernon or Pottsboro will fall to 4th seed depending on who losses in their game.

Nevermind, I'm missing the last district game.  

10 hours ago, Golfingnut said:

Just from looking at the standings and games this week, it looks like if Mineola beats Rains that either Mt Vernon or Pottsboro will fall to 4th seed depending on who losses in their game.

Nevermind, I'm missing the last district game.  

It is still possible for either of them to end up 4th dependent on their outcome this week and then Winny vs. Potts outcome next week.

15 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Looks like they are already halfway there with a max point win over Commerce thanks to Covid.  Now it’s all about Potts.

Thats right, all eyes on Potts. First off all eyes on their game this week with MV. I think that game will be very interesting to see the matchups and how it shakes out. Could be a very good scout for the Raiders. Ive always kind of thought having the week off could hurt but i actually think its going to be very beneficial for us in this instance. For one we get a good scout, and second this is going to be a very hard fought battle so there could be some bumps and bruises leading into next week.

On 10/26/2020 at 6:36 PM, Tiger03lb said:

GW probably has the easiest road to the 3rd round. That bottom bracket is tough. It's not even worth going through the scenarios yet. After this week we'll have a better feel. Has anyone thought about winny winning out the rest of the season? That would throw a loop in the whole thing. I could see them doing that. Potts run d isn't that good.

As hard as that bottom side is, whoever GW plays as the 4 seed from D5 isnt going to be a slouch. 

Guest Tiger03lb
10 minutes ago, chevyman said:

As hard as that bottom side is, whoever GW plays as the 4 seed from D5 isnt going to be a slouch. 

We shall see how it plays out. I honestly have no clue as who will win this district. Imo, Minny is the best team in District 5, even with the one lost to MV. 

2 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

We shall see how it plays out. I honestly have no clue as who will win this district. Imo, Minny is the best team in District 5, even with the one lost to MV. 

Its all very close in my opinion. I base alot of it from our game with Minny though i do think they are hitting their stride now. We didnt play good at all and with even a decent game, we couldve won but thats all in the past. I think if i had to give an unbiased view id say. 1A Potts 1B Minny 1C Winny 1D MV and i know minny beat potts but thats just my view

Guest Tiger03lb
On 10/28/2020 at 4:25 PM, Nick2011 said:

They have a two headed monster that is hard to stop. (Sneed, Pendergrass)

Definitely!

On 10/28/2020 at 4:25 PM, Nick2011 said:

Definitely!

FYI- Pendergrass was out against Howe with a leg injury. Go to the youtube video for the game against Potts and at 2:53:10 you can see what happened(intentionally kicked in the leg crossing goal line)....not sure if he will play tonite.

3 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

On 10/28/2020 at 4:25 PM, Nick2011 said:

Definitely!

FYI- Pendergrass was out against Howe with a leg injury. Go to the youtube video for the game against Potts and at 2:53:10 you can see what happened(intentionally kicked in the leg crossing goal line)....not sure if he will play tonite.

I watched the game on Hudl and i saw that play but couldnt tell exactly what happened since the play only goes for so long. I just saw him rolling on the ground like he had gotten hurt. Thats very unfortunate.

1 minute ago, chevyman said:

I watched the game on Hudl and i saw that play but couldnt tell exactly what happened since the play only goes for so long. I just saw him rolling on the ground like he had gotten hurt. Thats very unfortunate.

The Jackets have other guys who can run the ball well, they did some damage against Howe after Sneed was shut down after the Half...