**5-3A Division 1**

chevyman

6 hours ago, chevyman said:

I personally think the purple tigers are going to be pretty solid this year myself. Lost some players but still return some very good ones as well. 

Most of MV fans are just tired of the ridicule TBH- we understand it comes with the territory- we support our tigers! MV offense brings back all but 1 OL and will bring back all skill positions including the RB Holloman and one Nellor brother who will be the QB  both have received a few offers at the D2 level -Defense will be the question mark as we do return some good players but will be thin and inexperienced up front keep in mind that we will not play players both ways - We are much better than the preseason rankings- but we will be glad to sit back and let it all play out - Solid Non-District Schedule for MV who generally hasn’t had a tough predistrict schedule in a while. We scrimmage Spring Hill tonight and should have a good idea how good we will be after our first game against a hooks team we lost to last year and seems to be in most everyone’s top 25

8 minutes ago, mvtigerbacker said:

Most of MV fans are just tired of the ridicule TBH- we understand it comes with the territory- we support our tigers! MV offense brings back all but 1 OL and will bring back all skill positions including the RB Holloman and one Nellor brother who will be the QB  both have received a few offers at the D2 level -Defense will be the question mark as we do return some good players but will be thin and inexperienced up front keep in mind that we will not play players both ways - We are much better than the preseason rankings- but we will be glad to sit back and let it all play out - Solid Non-District Schedule for MV who generally hasn’t had a tough predistrict schedule in a while. We scrimmage Spring Hill tonight and should have a good idea how good we will be after our first game against a hooks team we lost to last year and seems to be in most everyone’s top 25

Agreed. I think the 1 scrimmage will help a little but also be detrimental because you want to get good reps with your 1s but also want to keep them as healthy as possible so it creates a situation where you have to walk a tight rope. I dont think MV will have any issues on the offensive side of the ball based on all those returners you mentioned

5 hours ago, mvtigerbacker said:

Nellor is going to be a problem for every team they play.  He didn’t run the ball tonight in the scrimmage but he threw it pretty well.  Quick release and a strong arm.  MV Defensive line looked really good to me too.  DB’s were a little too cocky and got beat over the top a couple times.  All in all it was a fairly even scrimmage.  That’s the way it’s supposed to be.  Good work for the Tigers and Panthers.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tiger03lb
12 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Bonham 57  Quitman  19

Commerce 42  Edgewood  12

Rains  70  Farmersville 20

Callisburg  48  Howe  8

Mineola 30  Canton  14

Mount Vernon  53 Hooks 14  

Pottsboro  42  Nevada Comm. 13

Winnsboro   Paul Pewitt   CNCL

This is going to be a tougher than what people think. A lot of teams flying under the radar. 

50 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

This is going to be a tougher than what people think. A lot of teams flying under the radar. 

Agreed. The only gimme game seems to be Howe.

Rains putting up 70 really surprised me, but Farmersville may just be that down. 

I think when you get right down to it, there is or shouldnt be much surprise at how good this district is going to be once you see how many outstanding players most of these schools returned. I think like 9 returning starters on offense for Rains? Obviously Potts with their returners, MV with their returners, Mineola with theirs, Winnys with theirs, Commerce is a toss up. Overall very solid

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, Blazin97 said:

Agreed. The only gimme game seems to be Howe.

Rains putting up 70 really surprised me, but Farmersville may just be that down. 

Maybe both. Rains was young last year but they have the making to hang in on games. I'd keep an eye on them

55 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Week 2

Van Alstyne at Bonham

Winnsboro at Hooks

Leonard  at Commerce

Rains at Edgewood

Howe at Bells

Gunter at Pottsboro

Mineola at Wills Point

Mount Vernon at Pittsburg

I think our district can win all games this week except Howe. Pottsboro also has their hands full 

Guest Tiger03lb
3 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

Top 4 in this district are looking good! Pottsboro, MV, Winnsboro, Mineola taking care of business. District should be fun 

This is going to be a fun district to watch

Guest Tiger03lb
5 hours ago, Blazin97 said:

Commerce and Rains seems to throwing themselves in the mix with district right around the corner. Can’t wait to get it started! 

Rains will give some teams a game this year. I don't know what Commerce bought back but when we played them in bi district last year, they had a decent squad and qb. A lot of people are sleeping on MV, minny, and probably winny when they'll get to play. 1-4 in this district has no set team in my opinion. This district feels like district 7 of last year. 

Guest Tiger03lb
6 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Potts has played a pre-dist. schedule tougher than anyone else in dist. I believe they are the team to beat for first.

After them is MV, Mineola, Commerce, Rains, and Winnsboro for the other 3 spots.  

No doubt that Potts has played a good schedule but I'm not basing it off from schedules.