3 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Yes but you can do better than NAC. Smh. Could’ve gotten decent dfw team. 

You have 3 quality opponents. They can very well lose to all 3. The only guaranteed win I think is Nacogdoches. 

6 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Yes but you can do better than NAC. Smh. Could’ve gotten decent dfw team. 

I think it fits JT perfectly early on. Texas High, Tyler Lee and Mesquite Horn are all solid opponents, give yourself an almost assured win at the very least with Nac.

30 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

North lost lost there whole team Dang near and Sherman had a subpar season before and lost a bulk also and somehow they will make the playoffs over a team that’s returning 11 starters. 

North will be strong in the trenches, may have the top WR in the district and has the 2nd most all district players returning in the district. From what I hear, they already have their next QB waiting.

And Sherman....they straight up beat JT. JT returns one more starter than them but Sherman returns one more all district player. Sherman had 300 passing yards in that matchup. Bethel threw for 300, ran for 105 and his top WR that night was Sean Husband who went 8-153.

All of those players return for Sherman. Quality > Quantity 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ANTI said:

North will be strong in the trenches, may have the top WR in the district and has the 2nd most all district players returning in the district. From what I hear, they already have their next QB waiting.

And Sherman....they straight up beat JT. JT returns one more starter than them but Sherman returns one more all district player. Sherman had 300 passing yards in that matchup. Bethel threw for 300, ran for 105 and his top WR that night was Sean Husband who went 8-153.

All of those players return for Sherman. Quality > Quantity 

I guess we will have to see then. It will be interesting for the most part

5 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

At least this thread will be entertaining. 

Hey, I'm bringing substance to the table.

All I'm seeing is "I'm from JT, so JT can't be below these teams" lol

Not even hating on JT, I just think the other teams are currently looking like they could be better. The QB situation is unknown and I think the high end quality players will only be sophomores. 

Rankings will also depend on home and away schedules too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

One thing is I can almost guarantee you they are not gonna let highland park travel here to JT in and Longview In The same year

Yeah I haven't seen JT's full schedule yet but no way HP travels East twice in one year.

2 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

One thing is I can almost guarantee you they are not gonna let highland park travel here to JT in and Longview In The same year

Well they come to Lobo in 2020, so guessing JT will go to Highlander in 2021.

2 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

That usually all has to do with the number the coaches draw. Most use a predetermined spread sheet.  1plays 6, 2 plays 5,etc with who is home and away already determined.  

Longview 2020 Schedule...

08/28 - Temple (8 PM KO - AT&T Stadium)
09/04 - at Marshall
09/11 - vs Tyler Lee
09/18 - West Monroe (Independence Stadium)
09/25 - vs West Mesquite
10/02 - at Wylie East
10/09 - vs Highland Park
10/16 - at Sherman
10/30 - vs McKinney North
11/06 - at John Tyler

Temple is a one-game series. West Monroe series ends this year. So possibly two new opponents for Longview in W1 and W4 of 2021.

On another note, I bet a good chunk of the top 10 teams in 5AD1 will be in Region 2.

Manvel being the exception. No reason why they shouldn't go on a long playoff run. Region 2 is loaded.

Region 1 will have Red Oak, Midlothian, Summit and Tascosa. Bet one of those 4 win that Region.

Just now, ANTI said:

On another note, I bet almost all of the top 10 teams in 5AD1 will be in Region 2.

Manvel being the exception. No reason why they shouldn't go on a long playoff run. Region 2 is loaded.

Yea i think 8 teams at least and two from Region 3 maybe? 

4 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

It’s going to be strange not playing Longview in the regular season. First time since 05 right? 

Correct.

Lufkin entered the main district in 1951. Didn't play in 1957 (due to weather), Then didn't play in regular season in 2004 (obviously had the playoff match up) or 2005.

So unless we meet up in post season action, 1950/1957/2005/2020 will be only years since 1946 that we haven't met.

• Like 1