3 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Yea i think 8 teams at least and two from Region 3 maybe? 

I went back and edited the post.

I actually think Tascosa, Summit, Red Oak and Midlothian aren't bad teams from that region. Not a tough overall region but those 4 aren't terrible. As a matter of fact, Red Oak is loaded. Only team I like from Region 3 is Manvel. R4 is awful.

R2 is loaded.

Just now, ANTI said:

I went back and edited the post.

I actually think Tascosa, Summit, Red Oak and Midlothian aren't bad teams from that region. Only team I like from Region 3 is Manvel. R4 is awful.

Does Tascosa have anyone left over from the last two seasons? I know the Plunk kid graduated.

1 minute ago, LoboFan07 said:

Does Tascosa have anyone left over from the last two seasons? I know the Plunk kid graduated.

I'll have to check the exact numbers when I get home but believe Tascosa returns some pieces. 

Red Oak, Midlothian and Summit should be better though IMO. Red Oak is loaded and my early pick to win that Region.

42 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Longview 2020 Schedule...

08/28 - Temple (8 PM KO - AT&T Stadium)
09/04 - at Marshall
09/11 - vs Tyler Lee
09/18 - West Monroe (Independence Stadium)
09/25 - vs West Mesquite
10/02 - at Wylie East
10/09 - vs Highland Park
10/16 - at Sherman
10/30 - vs McKinney North
11/06 - at John Tyler

Temple is a one-game series. West Monroe series ends this year. So possibly two new opponents for Longview in W1 and W4 of 2021.

John Tyler 2020 Schedule...
08/28 - vs Texas High
09/04 - at Tyler Lee
09/11 - at Nacogdoches
09/18 - at Mesquite Horn
09/24 - at McKinney North (Thu)
10/09 - vs West Mesquite
10/16 - at Wylie East
10/23 - vs Highland Park
10/30 - at Sherman
11/06 - vs Longview

1 minute ago, cujoforlife said:

Yup. If we are both undefeated in district going in that game. It will be packed.

JT won't be undefeated. Even if they had the talent like Greg and company they still wouldn't be undefeated. The coaching staff will find a way to lose a game. See it happen to many times. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, VonG said:

JT won't be undefeated. Even if they had the talent like Greg and company they still wouldn't be undefeated. The coaching staff will find a way to lose a game. See it happen to many times. 

Sadly. Smh I hope we are Undefeated though or at least only one loss. 

9 minutes ago, Aledo said:

Also Midlothian took Aledo to OT in Aledo.

I was shocked to see that, especially after watching Midlothian take on SOC in the post season.

Region I is pretty interesting.

Tascosa, Summit and Red Oak have to be the favorites. Cooper is always around over there. Maybe Birdville shocks? Colleyville Heritage will be interesting to see who they hire as their next head coach.

As ANTI said, Region II is absolutely loaded. Denton Ryan, Lone Star, maybe there's another Frisco team that steps up, Lancaster, Longview, Highland Park, Lufkin, College Station, New Caney. Just loaded.

Region III has PA Memorial, Manvel, Cedar Park, I'm thinking Hendrickson will greatly benefit from dropping, Beaumont United probably improves again.

Region IV though has no one. I couldn't even begin to guess who comes out of that region, but I imagine Region III will dominate in the Semis there.

16 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I was shocked to see that, especially after watching Midlothian take on SOC in the post season.

Region I is pretty interesting.

Tascosa, Summit and Red Oak have to be the favorites. Cooper is always around over there. Maybe Birdville shocks? Colleyville Heritage will be interesting to see who they hire as their next head coach.

As ANTI said, Region II is absolutely loaded. Denton Ryan, Lone Star, maybe there's another Frisco team that steps up, Lancaster, Longview, Highland Park, Lufkin, College Station, New Caney. Just loaded.

Region III has PA Memorial, Manvel, Cedar Park, I'm thinking Hendrickson will greatly benefit from dropping, Beaumont United probably improves again.

Region IV though has no one. I couldn't even begin to guess who comes out of that region, but I imagine Region III will dominate in the Semis there.

Lufkin not doing anything. But I’m sure DC will rank us in the top ten. Don’t deserve it though. But I just can’t see it right now....even if we get a top two seed against your district. That Thigh loss was bad for the program. Not trying to take a shot at Thigh either. I know they had a talented group. But we still shouldn’t have lost that game

5 hours ago, ANTI said:

John Tyler Lions

Head Coach:  Ricklan Holmes   69-31 (40-10)   8 seasons at John Tyler

2019 result:  3-8 (3-3), 5A D1 Bi-District

Returners:  O = 6, D = 5 

Returning All State:  0

Returning All District:  4

The worst season in Coach Ricklan Holmes tenure as John Tyler’s HC came in 2019. The Lions turned in a 3-8 season and although JT squeezed into the postseason, it was arguably the worst season for the program since 2007. CUJO will have to rely on experience and pieces from a talented but young 2023 group to push them in the right direction in 2020. Experience in particular, where JT returns 11 starters. Most of which resides on the offensive side of the ball. JT has a pair of runners returning who received significant playing time in SR Kameron Medlock (5’8 160) and JR Jakyron Lacy (6’0 195). JT may have to lean on the running game so look for those two to share carries for JT in 2020. Up front is where JT may be at peak strength. The Lions return nearly the entire OL with JR LG Cornelius Hartsfield, C LeTavion Erwin, JR RG Kadarius Tave and SR RT Ashton Williams returning. JR WR Robert Draper returns outwide. On defense, JT returns two on the defensive line in SR DL Preston Johnson and SR DL LaTravion Hawkins who turned in a 1st team all-district performance in 2020. The CUJO secondary is looking promising. SR CB Keelan Erwin had an all-district performance in 2020. Both safety positions return in SR S Travion Ates and rising sophomore S/WR Xavier Tatum. The largest area of concern on the entire team would have to be at the LB level where JT will replace all four starters. They will look to a subvarsity that went combined 11-9 for replacements. JT is a program of rich tradition and high expectations and the ceiling of John Tyler’s season in 2020 will depend a lot on the QB situation which appears to be in the air going into the spring.

JohnTyler.jpg

Kitan Crawford may be graduating but 2023 Montrell Wade has been accumulating offers since he first stepped on JT's campus. Whether WR or CB look for Wade to be utilized on both sides of the ball for CUJO.

Xavier Tatum started at WR last yr as a Freshman the last few games of the yr.  Didn't really see him on Def side of the ball much at all. Not saying he won't play def, but WR is probably where he makes the most impact. Also, another freshman started several games at DE, I think his last name is Britton.  

You also got Pinkard, who started the entire season, returning at WR/RB.  

Still a good write up.  QB is the major problem and I don't know how that will shake out.  Probably going to be a the freshman qb from last yr.  Unless a freshman can come in and take the job.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Xavier Tatum started at WR last yr as a Freshman the last few games of the yr.  Didn't really see him on Def side of the ball much at all. Not saying he won't play def, but WR is probably where he makes the most impact. Also, another freshman started several games at DE, I think his last name is Britton.  

Still a good write up.  QB is the major problem and I don't know how that will shake out.  Probably going to be a the freshman qb from last yr.  Unless a freshman can come in and take the job.

Or they could go with sophomore that started the two games that when Ford was not playing.

2 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Spot on. JT has GOOD group of sophomores coming up for sure. JT has talent and experience, but will be young still. Qb is the big unknown. 

3 hours ago, ANTI said:

Hey, I'm bringing substance to the table.

All I'm seeing is "I'm from JT, so JT can't be below these teams" lol

Not even hating on JT, I just think the other teams are currently looking like they could be better. The QB situation is unknown and I think the high end quality players will only be sophomores. 

Rankings will also depend on home and away schedules too.

for the record, I have no problem with what your said. After last yr and after losing the starting QB, JT needs to prove it on the field.

4 hours ago, VonG said:

No. They need to build some confidence. I glad Coach Holmes came to his senses. He know's right now he doesn't have the talent next season to play a tough non district schedule 

I agree. This is the perfect schedule for them.