13 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

You can’t be serious lol

What? Cujo said he can dream it for JT being undefeated going up against Longview for the district championship. He said the sophomore qb can be the starting qb this season coming up. I said he can dream it.

5 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

North lost lost there whole team Dang near and Sherman had a subpar season before and lost a bulk also and somehow they will make the playoffs over a team that’s returning 11 starters.  Look I know you guys are not fond of JT but y’all don’t have troll this hard on us lol. What did we do. 

I think North takes a step back this yr. They lost some big time players and their sub-varsity teams were not that great.  But Sherman and W.Mesquite could give JT problems.  Got to find a QB this yr and replace all the linebackers. 

1 hour ago, CUJONATION83 said:

Spot on. JT has GOOD group of sophomores coming up for sure. JT has talent and experience, but will be young still. Qb is the big unknown. 

Pinkard played QB his Freshman yr. You think he could see some time at that spot?

22 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

I think North takes a step back this yr. They lost some big time players and their sub-varsity teams were not that great.  But Sherman and W.Mesquite could give JT problems.  Got to find a QB this yr and replace all the linebackers. 

That’s what I was trying to tell anti. north lost almost everyone. They won’t be no where near what they were last year. West will be good. Sherman meh. We will have to see. 

2 minutes ago, VonG said:

I saw Lee schedule and it said Prosper, Lufkin, Longview, John Tyler, and Allen. Dang Lee. That's a tough non district schedule. A couple of new faces should definitely add some excitement. 

Prosper game is a scrimmage.

But that's still a fun schedule for them.

2 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Xavier Tatum started at WR last yr as a Freshman the last few games of the yr.  Didn't really see him on Def side of the ball much at all. Not saying he won't play def, but WR is probably where he makes the most impact. Also, another freshman started several games at DE, I think his last name is Britton.  

You also got Pinkard, who started the entire season, returning at WR/RB.  

Still a good write up.  QB is the major problem and I don't know how that will shake out.  Probably going to be a the freshman qb from last yr.  Unless a freshman can come in and take the job.

Alright.

Someone that coaches on the staff told me Tatum played both sides and that JT rotated alot at WR.

Also, looking at his hudl, he played some safety in 2019 but I'll double check. You're probably right.

I do believe he's going into spring as the #1 safety though. You think JT puts both Tatum and Wade as primarily WR's? I'd have at least one as primarily a defender.

2 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

come on man....I don't see it. But maybe the kid improves a ton over the summer.  

You may not see, but I’m saying it could happen. We don’t know what the coaches see, or what the kid has. All he did was hand off the ball like the kid from Texas High. When JT played them. Maybe he moves up the sophomore, but I don’t see coach Holmes playing a Freshman at QB on varsity.

7 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

You may not see, but I’m saying it could happen. We don’t know what the see, or what the kid has. All he did was hand off the ball like the kid from Texas High. When JT played them. Maybe he moves up the sophomore, but I don’t see coach Holmes playing a Freshman at QB on varsity.

I do, if he is the best option.

59 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

That’s what I was trying to tell anti. north lost almost everyone. They won’t be no where near what they were last year. West will be good. Sherman meh. We will have to see. 

I never said McKinney North would be what they were last year. I'm not expecting that.

Said they could be a playoff team. And they definitely have the team to accomplish that. 

They also didn't lose as much as you think. Meaning they didn't lose anywhere close to everyone.

5 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I never said McKinney North would be what they were last year. I'm not expecting that.

Said they could be a playoff team. And they definitely have the team to accomplish that. 

They also didn't lose as much as you think. Meaning they didn't lose anywhere close to everyone.

North loses the best qb in the history of the program they lose there do it all runningback, they lose that 6,7 tight end, the most of the receiving core outside of 1-2 players if I’m correct, and 2-3 lineman. North is gonna be similar to what JT was last year because they lost BIG play makers that have been playing 2-3 years. Now I’m not saying they will only win 3 games but I won’t be suprised if I see them In 4th or 5th place. 

24 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

I don’t see coach Holmes playing a Freshman at QB on varsity.

Best player should play, no matter what grade they're in.

Duncanville just played for a state title with a 9th grade QB, why not JT?

6 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Yes but you can do better than NAC. Smh. Could’ve gotten decent dfw team. 

6 hours ago, VonG said:

You have 3 quality opponents. They can very well lose to all 3. The only guaranteed win I think is Nacogdoches. 

6 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

I think it fits JT perfectly early on. Texas High, Tyler Lee and Mesquite Horn are all solid opponents, give yourself an almost assured win at the very least with Nac.

So the sky will certainly be falling if y'all travel to Nac and catch an L

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Best player should play, no matter what grade they're in.

Duncanville just played for a state title with a 9th grade QB, why not JT?

He has had that I know of. A full time freshman playing on varsity. I know this season some played here and there, but I don’t remember seeing one that started. Evern Greg and Fred and others didn’t start on varsity until their sophomore year.

58 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

It would be a shock. The only teams that I can of that Nacogdoches has beaten in the old 5a district is Lufkin and Lee.

Yeah I was just stiring the pot:) Nac is 4-44-3 lifetime against JT. Only one of those wins is in the last 40 years!!

Nac beat Marshall in 2006, Lufkin in 13 and 14 and beat REL in 2016. However, it only takes one and none of these kids that are here have ever played JT. Not saying Nac wins, I am just saying counting it as a win after JT went 3-8 last year and before anyone starts spring practice is a little premature. 

21 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

Yeah I was just stiring the pot:) Nac is 4-44-3 lifetime against JT. Only one of those wins is in the last 40 years!!

Nac beat Marshall in 2006, Lufkin in 13 and 14 and beat REL in 2016. However, it only takes one and none of these kids that are here have ever played JT. Not saying Nac wins, I am just saying counting it as a win after JT went 3-8 last year and before anyone starts spring practice is a little premature. 

JT’s offense was the problem last season. Only having 35 to 40 players on varsity. Starters were very tired by the fourth quarter.