3 hours ago, ANTI said:

Alright.

Someone that coaches on the staff told me Tatum played both sides and that JT rotated alot at WR.

Also, looking at his hudl, he played some safety in 2019 but I'll double check. You're probably right.

I do believe he's going into spring as the #1 safety though. You think JT puts both Tatum and Wade as primarily WR's? I'd have at least one as primarily a defender.

Xavier (Zae) started out on Freshman team. He played in the secondary and at WR. But when he moved up to Varsity halfway through district, he played mostly WR, because the starting safeties were Ates and Djonte Henderson.  Draper also played safety some too.  Ates is very good, he will probably get some 1-AA or Div 2 offers this upcoming season..maybe mid major Div.1 too.

But, I wouldn't be shocked at all if Zae plays both this yr, because you know how Coach Holmes plays guys on both sides.  I just think he will probably be the best WR on the team followed by Draper and Pinkard.   On a side note, Zae is very good in basketball too and I was told he likes Bball better. 

Honestly, I have no idea where Wade plays.  I saw a few freshman games early. I think he had an injury. I know he plays WR and in secondary, but I don't know if that is Safety or Corner.  He has a ton of Div.1 offers, and I think they are for him to play in secondary.  I would bet on seeing him at Safety before Zae, but who knows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cujoforlife said:

JT’s offense was the problem last season. Only having 35 to 40 players on varsity. Starters were very tired by the fourth quarter.

nah...the problem is that they had less talent this past yr, especially on offense.

• Like 1

O let me finish what i was gone do last year ok i got lazy and was moving so i put the longview video off so let me sum it up ....... Basiclly it was gone be lobos failure to get to state and failure to get past jeusit take out your metro cards get aboard the LLLL Train! But your ride would be short live because your dreams of being 3 time champ your dreams of holding up that uil trophy your dreams of back to back Championship have been absolutely DELETED!!!!! Then it was gone be a bunch of delete delete videos all while under taker music played and yea sooo...   Anyway hows it going my new episode of podcast starts in few months but one thing i can say hp isnt going to like going to lobo stadium and having to be packed like sardines while having to sit with lobo fans on the visitor side lol

What I haven't seen mentioned...

The 9th grade race in this district between Longview, Highland Park and John Tyler is going to be a bloodbath.

All 3 schools expected to bring in really good 2024 classes this fall.

11 hours ago, 3rdcoastent said:

O let me finish what i was gone do last year ok i got lazy and was moving so i put the longview video off so let me sum it up ....... Basiclly it was gone be lobos failure to get to state and failure to get past jeusit take out your metro cards get aboard the LLLL Train! But your ride would be short live because your dreams of being 3 time champ your dreams of holding up that uil trophy your dreams of back to back Championship have been absolutely DELETED!!!!! Then it was gone be a bunch of delete delete videos all while under taker music played and yea sooo...   Anyway hows it going my new episode of podcast starts in few months but one thing i can say hp isnt going to like going to lobo stadium and having to be packed like sardines while having to sit with lobo fans on the visitor side lol

lol.

That moment you realize JT finished 3-8 in 5A, and is currently on a 4-game losing streak. Good times.

Longview hasn't suffered a 4 game losing streak since 1971...so y'all definitely know all about that as well.

• LOL! 2

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

What I haven't seen mentioned...

The 9th grade race in this district between Longview, Highland Park and John Tyler is going to be a bloodbath.

All 3 schools expected to bring in really good 2024 classes this fall.

yea, going to be interesting.

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

yea, going to be interesting.

I'll let you Tyler folks talk about that JT 2024 group...

But Longview is bringing in one of 'those' groups this fall. Very similar to the group that won it all in 2018, maybe better.

Now you mix that group with the current 9th grade group , which would be the 2022 team... Damn its looking nice.

• Like 1

Are the Lobos expecting any drop off obviously the Lobos replace probably the best QB in their rich history and drop to 5a helps. Sounds like Highland Park is your biggest competition and you have the Scots at home. Expectations? 

Playoffs will happen cause Death Taxes and Lobos make the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Champ1000 said:

Are the Lobos expecting any drop off obviously the Lobos replace probably the best QB in their rich history and drop to 5a helps. Sounds like Highland Park is your biggest competition and you have the Scots at home. Expectations? 

I think the offense will be comparable to 2017 but with a dominant RB...and the defense....while not quite as good as 2019.... won't see much dropoff from 2019's historic defense.

Longview will be Longview.... they have as much of a shot at a title as anyone else.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

By the time district rolls around, I feel we'll be more than fine. Really happy we have Temple and West Monroe to really test us before district starts (not that Marshall and Lee won't in their own ways). Opening district with West and East should give our boys plenty of time to prepare for Hp's visit to Lobo.

Replacing Haynes is obviously #1 on the list. But with the receiving crew we have coming back, and Meredith in the back field, we'll be pretty solid offensively I feel.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of recruiting news going on in the district over the course of the offseason.

Every team in the district now has at least one player with a D1 offer. Pretty soon that number could rise to two or three players per team.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Highland Park and Longview losing their defensive coordinators this offseason:

Longtime Longview DC Casey Pearce headed to hometown Brackenridge to be AD/HC  https://www.news-journal.com/etvarsity/et-football-lobo-defensive-coordinator-pearce-named-ad-hfc-at/article_3737d5ca-5efb-11ea-b5b9-a7cc00a74c7c.html

Highland Park DC Cale Melton named HC at Kingwood  https://www.houstonchronicle.com/neighborhood/kingwood/sports/article/Football-Highland-Park-DC-Cale-Melton-tabbed-as-15099158.php

39 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Whew...  lotta pressure to knock this new hire outta the park. Can NOT mess this up. 

2 hours ago, AKA said:

Whew...  lotta pressure to knock this new hire outta the park. Can NOT mess this up. 

Probably can keep it within.

Coach Huff - coaches safeties, former HC and was DC at Lee under Owens...back when Lee had those nice defenses.

Coach Scott Hart - LB coach, younger guy but has been on the staff since 2010 and brings plenty energy.

Coach Brandon Bonds - DL coach, also a young energetic guy....recently came on staff in 2018, same year LV won the ship.

Can't go wrong with any of those 3 but if its Huff, Longview will have a very strong, experienced and proven defensive coach leading them.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...