1 hour ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Assuming Washington and Hasty. Who else?

Travin Howard may start for the Rams this coming year.

Zaycoven Henderson had a stint with the Browns.

And that doesnt mention the numerous others around them that were very talented like Dorian Leonard who had a decent career at Texas.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2020 at 11:09 AM, LOL said:

Whew...  lotta pressure to knock this new hire outta the park. Can NOT mess this up. 

And for the record: King did not mess this hire up. Knocked it right outta the park . :D 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

Travin Howard may start for the Rams this coming year.

Zaycoven Henderson had a stint with the Browns.

And that doesnt mention the numerous others around them that were very talented like Dorian Leonard who had a decent career at Texas.

Didn't that also occur several years ago when Henson (TCU), Williams (OU) and 2 or 3 more all make it to the league?

35 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Didn't that also occur several years ago when Henson (TCU), Williams (OU) and 2 or 3 more all make it to the league?

From the 04 team, Trent Williams, Chris Ivory, Malcolm Kelly made it.

Henson last year was in 03. 

15 hours ago, ANTI said:

From the 04 team, Trent Williams, Chris Ivory, Malcolm Kelly made it.

Henson last year was in 03. 

Longview has certainly produced the talent over the years.

i know that James Street is from Longview but due to my age the first one I actually remember was Hosea Taylor. I was a youngster at the time and I came across him on the Longview Mall with his UH jersey on. Up to that time he was the biggest person I had ever seen!

A whole lot has been happening around the district throughout the past few months...just a few quick hits on each team:

Longview

- Longtime DC Casey Pearce was named HC/AD at Brackenridge. Longview hired Gladewater HC John Berry as the new DC.

- RB Kaden Meredith saw his recruitment take off, earning almost 20 offers since January. Has an early commitment to UTSA.

- SS/OLB Kybo Jackson-Jamerson is also committed to UTSA after accumulating almost double digit offers since January

- DL Joe Jones was offered by Texas Southern recently

- 2023 WR Jalen Hale was offered by Arkansas, becoming the first player ever in Longview history to earn a FBS offer as a freshman. He was also offered by Kansas today.

Highland Park

- Like Longview, Highland Park also had to replace their DC as Cade Melton was named HC at Kingwood. 

- Recruiting has sky rocketed for the Scots. Highland Park now has five different players with offers, and two of them are at the QB position.

Sherman

- Not a ton of news out of Sherman, really surprised ATH Benji Omayebu hasn't had more attention. He does a lot for Sherman, but as a DB, he's one of the biggest kept secrets in the state. He has accumulated a pair of D2 offers though.

McKinney North

- JJ Henry has went from one of the biggest kept secrets in the state at wideout to 16 offers since the season ended. Latest from Colorado

- DE Dylan Frazier added a SMU offer February bringing his total to three

West Mesquite

- Kobe Walton, like Benji Omayebu from Sherman, are both good utility players...but WM's Walton has accumulated two D1 offers since March, bringing his total to four.

John Tyler

- Not a whole lot of news out of JT but 2023 ATH Montrell Wade now has three offers, latest from UTSA

Wylie East

- The 2023 pair of ATH TJ Washington and DE Anthony James have recieved most of the attention in this program, especially James who has added two SEC offers since February.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

21 hours ago, ANTI said:

- Recruiting has sky rocketed for the Scots. Highland Park now has five different players with offers, and two of them are at the QB position.

Uhhhh... does HP use two QBs or something? 

How many backup QBs get schollie offers? 

22 hours ago, ANTI said:

A whole lot has been happening around the district throughout the past few months...just a few quick hits on each team:

Longview

- Longtime DC Casey Pearce was named HC/AD at Brackenridge. Longview hired Gladewater HC John Berry as the new DC.

- RB Kaden Meredith saw his recruitment take off, earning almost 20 offers since January. Has an early commitment to UTSA.

- SS/OLB Kybo Jackson-Jamerson is also committed to UTSA after accumulating almost double digit offers since January

- DL Joe Jones was offered by Texas Southern recently

- 2023 WR Jalen Hale was offered by Arkansas, becoming the first player ever in Longview history to earn a FBS offer as a freshman. He was also offered by Kansas today.

Highland Park

- Like Longview, Highland Park also had to replace their DC as Cade Melton was named HC at Kingwood. 

Sherman

- Not a ton of news out of Sherman, really surprised ATH Benji Omayebu hasn't had more attention. He does a lot for Sherman, but as a DB, he's one of the biggest kept secrets in the state. He has accumulated a pair of D2 offers though.

McKinney North

- JJ Henry has went from one of the biggest kept secrets in the state at wideout to 16 offers since the season ended. Latest from Colorado

- DE Dylan Frazier added a SMU offer February bringing his total to three

West Mesquite

- Kobe Walton, like Benji Omayebu from Sherman, are both good utility players...but WM's Walton has accumulated two D1 offers since March, bringing his total to four.

John Tyler

- Not a whole lot of news out of JT but 2023 ATH Montrell Wade now has three offers, latest from UTSA

Wylie East

- The 2023 pair of ATH TJ Washington and DE Anthony James have recieved most of the attention in this program, especially James who has added two SEC offers since February.

JT's 2023 class is has some good kids in it! '24 will be even better. JT has a  bright future!

1 hour ago, CUJONATION83 said:

JT's 2023 class is has some good kids in it! '24 will be even better. JT has a  bright future!

Looks like some future battles between Longview and JT....Highland Park too if we're all still in the same district at that time.

'23, '24 and '25 got some DUDES for Longview, especially '24.

And the '23 group just added a 6'3 220 DE transfer too.

Put it to you like this, on Longview's 2022 team, they will have three WR's (two of them '23, the other '24) and a '24 TE....all in which will be 6'3/6'4+ and legit FBS talent. And by that time, QB Landyn Grant (6'2 180), who will get his first start this year as a sophomore, will also be FBS caliber.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ANTI said:

..........And by that time, QB Landyn Grant (6'2 180), who will get his first start this year as a sophomore, will also be FBS caliber.

Really really really can't wait to see that Grant to Hale connection. 

The rich get richer. Longview gonna Longview. 

5 hours ago, LOL said:

That's gonna be a movie.

The crazy thing is, the others will be no joke. I tell people this all the time but Landyn Grant may end up having more talent around him than Haynes did which is insane.

2023 WR Jartaivan 'JT' Wright (6'3 180) looks like another Dorian Leonard in the making.

2024 WR Ethan Harrison out of Judson is already in the 6'1 range. He looks a lot like WRs that you usually see out of Lake Travis or Westlake. Long, rangy, fundamentally sound with amazing route running and very solid hands. The dude drops absolutely nothing, hands similar to those of DT Jackson, Justin Spady or even Kamden Perry. 

Then you have 2024 TE Jay Darensbourg out of Judson, who is already so tall, a lot of people believe he will see at least 6'5/6'6. I see an athletic version of Colin Jeter here, similar to an Adrian Reese.

Longview has always had talent, the types just change. And with that 2023-2025 group, I see a resurgence in what Lobo fans saw in that 2004-2005 time frame.

Of course, all this height means the basketball program will gain plenty from this as well. Judson won district in basketball in 2019. Still not sure if they will be able to keep up with those city boys but, should be as solid of a Lobo basketball team we've seen in a min.

Oh and dont worry, the Lobo backfield will be stacked as usual. Lord the 2024 and 2025 classes are talent rich in the backfield. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ANTI said:

Of course, all this height means the basketball program will gain plenty from this as well. Judson won district in basketball in 2019. Still not sure if they will be able to keep up with those city boys but, should be as solid of a Lobo basketball team we've seen in a min.

We need to end the freakin playoff win drought. 6 years and counting.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2020 at 10:43 AM, LOL said:

Lets be honest, when the rest of your city has been mediocre at best in football over the past 30 yrs or longer and your program is the only one winning, any parent with a kid that has any ounce of football skills will find their way to your high school.  That is no knock against the program, it just ONE of the reasons why it reloads every yr. 

If you live in Tyler and you are good in basketball, you will probably end up at JT.  

It's always interesting to see how these things shake out in multiple high school cities. 

• Roll Eyes 1

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

That is no knock against the program, it just ONE of the reasons why it reloads every yr. 

Yes, it is only ONE reason...  but it also fails to take into account the many political, cultural, and systemic things going against LHS. Over the last 30+ years, up through the current day. None of which you could possibly be aware of. That's not a knock on you, you just don't how it is here.

"Lobos vs. Everybody" ain't just a neat t-shirt slogan. It's a reality, even within the city itself.  

Nevertheless...  Longview gonna Longview. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LOL said:

Yes, it is only ONE reason...  but it also fails to take into account the many political, cultural, and systemic things going against LHS. Over the last 30+ years, up through the current day. None of which you could possibly be aware of. That's not a knock on you, you just don't how it is here.

"Lobos vs. Everybody" ain't just a neat t-shirt slogan. It's a reality, even within the city itself.  

Nevertheless...  Longview gonna Longview. 

Hey I'm from Tyler, there are all kinds of extra issues in TISD, many have benefited Lee and not JT, so I wouldn't be surprise to know it goes on in Longview.  I have a good idea of what you could possibly be referring to, but that is probably best to be left off of this thread. 

again, I'm just stating, that you have 3 high schools in town, but 85-90% of the football talent is at one.  Again , no knock on Longview for that. If I was moving to Longview and my kid was decent in  football, I probably make sure he ends up at Longview too, unless he was a qb doing the Haynes yrs..lol.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2020 at 5:06 PM, JTFAN99 said:

Hey I'm from Tyler, there are all kinds of extra issues in TISD, many have benefited Lee and not JT, so I wouldn't be surprise to know it goes on in Longview.  I have a good idea of what you could possibly be referring to, but that is probably best to be left off of this thread. 

again, I'm just stating, that you have 3 high schools in town, but 85-90% of the football talent is at one.  Again , no knock on Longview for that. If I was moving to Longview and my kid was decent in  football, I probably make sure he ends up at Longview too, unless he was a qb doing the Haynes yrs..lol.

Point taken, and yeah, my wife's family is from Tyler. So I have a sense of what you're referring to as well.  👍

• Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 3:45 PM, ANTI said:

Longview

Since it hasn't been mentioned here yet, Huffstickler retired earlier this week.

https://www.news-journal.com/etvarsity/et-football-longtime-area-coach-huffstickler-retires-after-38-years/article_3890c6aa-90b2-11ea-b554-134e94a58664.html

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Yeah. Had a great career in ETX.

I think King has something up his sleeves for that vacancy (safeties) though. Getting Berry to come in as DC was huge.

• Like 1