Well, Stepp just tweeted out teams forfeiting district games on the small school level due to covid protocols.

I dont know the DEC rules for this new district for sure, but if covid protocols calls for automatic forfeit in this district as well, thats huge.

Highland Park is going through it right now.

21 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Well, Stepp just tweeted out teams forfeiting district games on the small school level due to covid protocols.

I dont know the DEC rules for this new district for sure, but if covid protocols calls for automatic forfeit in this district as well, thats huge.

I think this would be the smartest thing to do to be honest. Gives teams even more reason to follow protocol.

Do we know tiebreaker rules? I know 11-6A was based off points and such. And the tweet you’re talking about Stepp also said they lost by max points, which is massive.

12 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I think this would be the smartest thing to do to be honest.

Yeah, I'd hate to add insult to injury, but a forfeit is a forfeit, COVID or not.

I'd say the same thing if we had to forfeit a game because of it. It would royally ####, but it is what it is. 

3 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

I think this would be the smartest thing to do to be honest. Gives teams even more reason to follow protocol.

Do we know tiebreaker rules? I know 11-6A was based off points and such. And the tweet you’re talking about Stepp also said they lost by max points, which is massive.

It would but it could make the match ups crazy in the playoffs...there could be many early round exits because the really good teams may have to face each other early....it could also keep some GREAT teams sitting at home.....

4 hours ago, ANTI said:

Imagine COVID making you miss the playoffs smh. It’s undefeated I tell you 

There is always the chance that the teams move up the start of district by a week and throw a bye at the end for any makeup games that would be needed.

Since the district also has rotating byes, there's a chance a team on a bye and a team it needs to have a makeup game with ends up not playing because of their opponent and could make it up then

On 9/21/2020 at 7:48 AM, LoboFan07 said:

Week 1 for 7-5A D1:

My picks for 7-5A this week:

Thursday -
Tyler vs Texas High
Sherman at Denison

Friday -
Longview v. Temple (in Arlington)
West Mesquite at Waco
Wylie East at Mount Pleasant