20 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

numbers have never been a problem for Lee/Legacy. 

I don't know about never.

In the Huff/Piske/George/Traylor days it was nothing to look at Lee's sideline and see 45-50 suited on the varsity level. 

Low numbers in 6A. But I noticed they did start to go up in the low levels under Traylor.

20 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Yeah I have it. 

And you hope those 9th graders are seeing plenty of PT on varsity and JV. If not, very questionable decision by Holmes. Freshman QB probably not even getting reps period.

Interesting stuff. There cant be very many 5AD1 teams around the state without at least one 9th team.

Woods little brother starts at CB on varsity. Mcfall plays alot at RB on Varsity.  The other freshman aren't seeing alot of time. Not 100% sure on JV, but I don't think they were playing alot either.    The QB from Boulter last yr is on varsity.  I think he been banged up, but probably wasn't going to see alot of time either.  

I knew Mcfall and probably Woods would be on varsity.  Otherwise, I thought they should have keep the freshman group together. Maybe that happens next yr.   I agree that reps is very important for them. 

33 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Woods little brother starts at CB on varsity. Mcfall plays alot at RB on Varsity.  The other freshman aren't seeing alot of time. Not 100% sure on JV, but I don't think they were playing alot either.    The QB from Boulter last yr is on varsity.  I think he been banged up, but probably wasn't going to see alot of time either.  

I knew Mcfall and probably Woods would be on varsity.  Otherwise, I thought they should have keep the freshman group together. Maybe that happens next yr.   I agree that reps is very important for them. 

A lot of freshman gets playing time on JV. 

48 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I don't know about never.

In the Huff/Piske/George/Traylor days it was nothing to look at Lee's sideline and see 45-50 suited on the varsity level. 

Low numbers in 6A. But I noticed they did start to go up in the low levels under Traylor.

They did have low numbers on varsity. That's one of the main reasons they struggled. They were very top heavy, but no depth. Lee always had 60+ on varsity except for the years they had those head coaches. 

2 minutes ago, VonG said:

They did have low numbers on varsity. That's one of the main reasons they struggled. They were very top heavy, but no depth. 

Yeah, you pair Zach Hall or Chance Amie with what Legacy has now...damn.

I guess the Boulter QB will be our best chance to see the next electric Tyler QB.

I admittedly know little about him, who does he compare to of Tyler QBs of the past?

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

Yeah, you pair Zach Hall or Chance Amie with what Legacy has now...damn.

I guess the Boulter QB will be our best chance to see the next electric Tyler QB.

I admittedly know little about him, who does he compare to of Tyler QBs of the past?

Cujonation83 said he reminds him of Kerry Maddox. He was the qb in 2005 when they went 8-3.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, VonG said:

Cujonation83 said he reminds him of Kerry Maddox. He was the qb in 2005 when they went 8-3.

Maddox was straight.

Hampton probably had far more potential than that though.

9th

Longview beat West Mesquite,  61-6

JV

Longview beat West Mesquite,  21-6

Tyler beat McKinney North,  40-27

I don't have a score but I know Wylie East swept Sherman on the subvarsity level.

Subvarsity district standings:

9th

1.  Longview (1-0)

2.  Wylie East (1-0)

3.  Highland Park (0-0)

4.  McKinney North (0-0)

5.  Sherman (0-1)

6.  West Mesquite (0-1)

7.  Tyler (0-0)

JV

1.  Longview (1-0)

2.  Tyler (1-0)

3.  Wylie East (1-0)

4.  Highland Park (0-0)

5.  McKinney North (0-1)

6.  Sherman (0-1)

7.  West Mesquite (0-1)

• Like 2

Finals this week:

Longview beat West Mesquite,  49-24

McKinney North beat Tyler,  34-24

Sherman beat Wylie East,  45-7

Highland Park - Bye

Standings:

1) Longview (4-1)(1-0)

2)  Sherman (2-3)(1-0)

3) McKinney North (1-3)(1-0)

4) Highland Park (2-0)(0-0)

5) Wylie East (1-2)(0-1)

6) Tyler (0-4)(0-1)

7) West Mesquite (0-5)(0-1) 

Next Week:

Friday, 10/30

Longview @ Wylie East,  7:30

McKinney North @ West Mesquite,  7:30

Sherman @ Highland Park,  7:30

Tyler - Bye

• Like 1

As I said last week, West's problems are on offense. They got some second half scores against us, for sure, but they cost their team that game. Their defense is not bad at all.

Tyler losing to North, is really, really shocking to me.

Sherman winning big, isn't that shocking.

Lobos should roll next week, Highland Park should roll next week. Setting up the big meeting in two weeks.

North at West will be an extremely fun game to pay attention to IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

As I said last week, West's problems are on offense. They got some second half scores against us, for sure, but they cost their team that game. Their defense is not bad at all.

Tyler losing to North, is really, really shocking to me.

Sherman winning big, isn't that shocking.

Lobos should roll next week, Highland Park should roll next week. Setting up the big meeting in two weeks.

North at West will be an extremely fun game to pay attention to IMO.

Tyler out gained North by 200ish yard last and still loosing by 10 points WTH

On 2/3/2020 at 9:21 AM, ANTI said:

Enrollments:

Highland Park – 2,209

Longview – 2,186.5

West Mesquite – 2,165

McKinney North – 2,135

John Tyler – 2,111

Wylie East – 2,077                                                                

Sherman – 1,951.5

Projected 2020 7-5AD1 Rankings:

1.      Longview

2.      Highland Park

3.      Sherman

4.      McKinney North

5.      West Mesquite

6.  John Tyler

7.  Wylie East

Funny when I made this...the Tyler schools hadnt changed names yet. Heck we werent even in a pandemic. 

Anyway, looks like my original prediction of this district is coming to fruition.

Only difference is...not sure Tyler beats Wylie East but I'll stick to my original prediction.

I'd probably give HP the edge over Longview but that really could go either way. Still sticking to my prediction.

• Like 1